GISE - Program Features
As a result of active participation in this course, students will be able to determine the key components, their relationships, and their impacts on the management, analysis, and design of a systems engineering project in a global business environment. Students will learn to apply multiple decision methodologies in the development of a solution to a complex engineering problem. Students will acquire the knowledge and skill required to optimize the work of a multidisciplinary team in solving engineering design problems. Students will also develop international knowledge and cross-cultural communication skills.
To the employer, these skills, when utilized effectively, will help the organization remain competitive in today's changing and challenging business environment. GISE participants develop an appreciation for teamwork and the impact of decision making on bottom-line profitability. Current employees can acquire needed skills to adapt to change and continue to be productive while participating in this program. This result also benefits the employer by compressing the time necessary for the employee to learn these skills "on the job".
- The program was created by senior faculty at the University of Washington's College of Engineering and the Business School, in collaboration with The Boeing Company.
- The 13-credit hour certificate program may be transferable into existing UW graduate engineering programs.
- Participants located outside the region may participate in real-time instruction and project work. It is strongly suggested that participants attend the introduction session in person, and it is required to attend project kickoff. See the Course section for these dates.
- The integrated lecture format means that multiple UW faculty attend lecture sessions. This provides linkages across topics and provides additional perspectives.
- The program is augmented by a seminar series on Developing the Global Perspective. See the Course page for more information.
- About Us
- Prospective Students
- Degree Programs
- Master of Engineering
- Master of Science
- PhD Program
- Certificate Programs
- Current Students
- Information for all ISE Students
- Masters Students
- PhD Students
- Certificate Programs
- Alumni & Friends