- Humanitarian Relief Chains
- Supply Chain and Production Systems
Linda Ng Boyle. Professor Boyle’s research interests center on understanding individual behavior as influenced by a person’s likelihood of mishaps, injuries, and crashes while driving. Many innovations are designed to enhance a person's safety by simplifying demands and tasks in safety-critical situations. However, long-term use may also decrease their awareness, increase distractions, and degrade the ability to respond appropriately. Modeling this dynamic adaptive behavior is extremely fascinating and is the core of many of Prof. Boyle’s research studies.
- Approximate dynamic programming
- Infinite-horizon optimization
- Complex networks
- Dynamic cancer treatment planning
- Computation economics and finance operations management
Joe Heim. Dr. Heim focuses on improving the performance of health care systems through application of fundamental industrial engineering design and analysis principles, such as the Toyota/Lean Production System, as well as mathematical modeling and simulation methods. His research explores the development of domain specific simulation modeling languages and their roles in strategic and operations planning for complex organizations such as hospitals, academic medical centers and medical product manufacturers.
Kailash Kapur. Dr. Kapur’s research interests are in the areas of quality engineering, design reliability, industrial experimental design, system optimization and control, prognostics and system health management.
Optimum Specification For Quality Improvement
- Quality Engineering: Design, Optimization, and Control
- Quality Function Deployment
- Reliability Analysis for Multistate Systems with Multistate Components
- Robust Design for Simultaneous Engineering
- Customer-Focused Reliability
- System Modeling for Infectious Disease Control
- Operational Modeling for Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Multivariate Process Monitoring
Zelda Zabinsky. Professor Zabinsky's field of interest is Operations Research; optimization algorithms and stochastic models, applications of optimization to engineering design (composite structures for aircraft fuselage) and applications of optimization in transportation.
- About Us
- Prospective Students
- Degree Programs
- Master of Engineering
- Master of Science
- PhD Program
- Certificate Programs
- Current Students
- Information for all ISE Students
- Masters Students
- PhD Students
- Certificate Programs
- Alumni & Friends