The Imaging Facility
Content: About us • Recent announcements
We maintain 2 confocal microscopes, 2 electron microscopes, and sample preparation labs
- confocal microscopes
- Olympus IX81 with DSU: spinning disc with slit apertures for live cell imaging using a high dynamic range EM-CCD camera with a stable Xenon plasma light source; installed on a motorized inverted stand to facilitate xyzt and multi-location image acquistion
- Leica SP5 II: has both conventional and resonant point scanners, 7 laser lines, and 4 spectral detectors; suitable for both fixed or live preparation; installed on a motorized inverted stand to facilitate xyzλt and multi-location image acquistion; FRAP and FRET wizards, and ROI scan are available
- electron microscopes
- JEOL JSM-840A scanning electron microscope: convention SEM operating at 0.2 kV to 25 kV with both secondary and back-scattered electron detectors, image can be captured with the JEOL DSG Plus digital scan imaging system at 2560x1920 pixels
- Philips CM100 transmission electron microscope: biological TEM operating at 40 kV to 100 kV with maximum magnification of 450Kx and better than 4 nm resolution, image can be captured with a Gatan digital camera at 1024x1024 pixels
- ancillary labs for sample preparation, and darkrooms
The Biology Imaging Facility is a cost center and expenses are recovered through hourly charges. The rates has been approved by Management Accounting and Analysis (MAA) on Feb 7 2006 and revised in Jan 2011. The Facility is open to any department or unit affiliated with the University of Washington. External users are also welcomed. Please contact us for more information.
All users are subscribed to the IF-forum mailing list to receive announcements from us on recent development and equipment availability. Users can also use the forum to discuss equipment usage or technique, and notify other users for schedule changes or cancellations.
You can always refer to the posting on the mailing list archive for details.
- The User Group Meeting will take place today at 10 AM in PAA A049.
- Minute of the User Group Meeting.