Home» Project Presentations
- Margaret Levi. 2011. "What can be done? Leaders, Institutions, and Political Activism in
Voluntary Organizations" (PDF). Paper presented at the "Leadership in Political and Economic Life" conference at Florida State, Feb 4 2011.
- John Ahlquist and Margaret Levi. 2010. "You Can Just Imagine What We’ll Do If You Mess with Our Families: Political Strikes and Contract Negotiations." (PDF). Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Political Science Association, Washington, D.C. September 2010; October 2011 at the La Follette School of Public Affairs, University of Wisconsin, Madison; at the 2009 MPSA meetings; the UCLA Institute for Labor and Employment in 2009.
- John Ahlquist and Margaret Levi. 2011. "Leadership: What it means, What it does, and what we want to know about it." Annual Review of Political Science, vol 15. (PDF) Paper presented at World Bank Instititute in D.C., the Southern Political Science Association and at the University of Pennsylvania in 2010.
- Margaret Levi. “Provoking Preferences by Changing Beliefs: Transport Sector Unions in the U.S. and Australia.” University of Texas, Austin; University of Virginia; Columbia University. October 2009.
- Margaret Levi and Jon Agnone. “Changing Beliefs: ILWU Survey Results.” Invited panel presentation at the regional spotlight session on the San Francisco General Strike at annual meeting of the American Sociological Association, San Francisco, California. August 2009.
- Jon Agnone and Devin Kelly. “ILWU Contract Negotiations: The Confluence of State-Level Politics, Economics and Labor.” Paper presented at annual meeting of the American Sociological Association, San Francisco, California. August 2009.
- Margaret Levi. “Challenging the Hip Pocket.” Sydney Ideas Lecture. June 2009.
- Jon Agnone “ILWU Union Democracy in the Pacific Northwest.” Invited panel presentation at Annual Conference of The Pacific Northwest Labor History Association, Seattle, Washington. June 2009.
- Jon Agnone and Devin Kelly. “ILWU Democracy Reexamined.” Invited panel presentation at Annual Conference of The Pacific Northwest Labor History Association, Olympia, Washington. June 2006.
- Margaret Levi. “The Lenin Problem in Organizations.” A series of lectures presented at the University of Wisconsin April 2004; parts given at colloquia at Yale, Harvard, and Dartmouth, Autumn 2004; revised and updated version presented at Marquette University, November 2006, Stanford and Dickinson, spring 2007; CEACS (Madrid), June 2007; Mahanirban Calcutta Research Group July 2007; University of Kobe November 2007.