Associate Director Shevin Jacob has been working with the World Health Organization’s Global Outbreak Alert & Response Network to facilitate the clinical response to the Ebola epidemic in West Africa. He was deployed to Guinea and to Sierra Leone in 2014. Here are some of his recent publications on Ebola.
- Access to urban acute care services in high- vs. middle-income countries: an analysis of seven cities.
- Caring for Critically Ill Patients with Ebola Virus Disease. Perspectives from West Africa.
- Doing Today’s Work Superbly Well — Treating Ebola with Current Tools.
- Priorities for Ebola virus disease response in west Africa.
- Clinical Illness and Outcomes in Patients with Ebola in Sierra Leone.
- Clinical Presentation of Patients with Ebola Virus Disease in Conakry, Guinea.
- Being Ready to Treat Ebola Virus Disease Patients.
- Raising the standard for clinical care of patients with Ebola virus disease.
INTERSECT Director Eoin West is featured in the article “Could basics of sepsis care vastly lower Ebola death rate?” in Health Sciences NewsBeat about his article “Clinical Presentation and Management of Severe Ebola Virus Disease” in the Annals of the American Thoracic Society.
Further links to recent literature on Ebola and critical illness are listed below:
- Clinical presentation and management of severe Ebola virus disease.
- Successful Delivery of RRT in Ebola Virus Disease.
- Considerations for Safe EMS Transport of Patients Infected with Ebola Virus.
- Ebola virus disease in West Africa–the first 9 months of the epidemic and forward projections.
- Ebola virus disease and children: what pediatric health care professionals need to know.