Held approximately quarterly, the Journal Club offers discussion about a few pre-selected articles. The next Journal Club dates will be posted soon, please check back for discussion articles.
Past Journal Club Meetings
October 22, 2015
- A Randomized Clinical Trial Evaluating Nasal Continuous Positive Airway Pressure for Acute Respiratory Distress in a Developing Country.
- Aftermath of a Clinical Trial: Evaluating the Sustainability of a Medical Device Intervention in Ghana.
February 4, 2015
- Intensive Care Unit Capacity in Low-Income Countries: A Systematic Review.
- Burden of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and access to essential medicines in low-income and middle-income countries.
September 15th, 2014:
- Emerging infectious diseases of wildlife–threats to biodiversity and human health.
- Ethical considerations of experimental interventions in the Ebola outbreak.
- Genomic surveillance elucidates Ebola virus origin and transmission during the 2014 outbreak.
June 5th, 2014:
- Explaining the uptake of paediatric guidelines in a Kenyan tertiary hospital–mixed methods research.
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis bacteremia in a cohort of hiv-infected patients hospitalized with severe sepsis in uganda–high frequency, low clinical suspicion [corrected] and derivation of a clinical prediction score.
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis septic shock.