Instructions to change OUTLOOK server name:
1. Close the Outlook application first
2. Click Start button for windows:
3. Click Control Panel and this dialog will open, click ‘Mail (32-bit)’:
4. This Dialog will appear:
5. Click the E-Mail account button:
6. If you get the following message – please click “work offline”
7. This Dialog will appear, Double click on your email address and this dialog will appear:
8. Change the UWDOMEXCH-04.medicine.washington.edu enter to ‘casarray.medicine.washington.edu’ (Note: it may be ‘Thor.medicine.washington.edu’ or ‘UWDOMEXCH-02.medicine.washington.edu’ change it to ‘casarray.medicine.washington.edu’)
9. Once you have the filed filled in correctly then Click the ‘Check Name’ button to ensure that it worked.
10. Click on ‘Next >’ and the congratulations screen will come up, click the ‘Finish’ button
You will know that it worked when you get the below message:
11. Restart OUTLOOK, it may ask ‘do you want to start it in safe mode – Click ‘NO’ and it should now connect to the new server and open, It may take a few minutes for it to replicate to the new server.
Should you have any issues please contact IS Help