Guidelines for grant application
- Grants are only for studying aboriginal languages and cultures
of the Americas.
- There are three categories of grants, with funding limits tied
to the US dollar ($3,000, $6,000, and $9,000 USD).
- Allowed expenses include consultants, research assistants, travel,
- Disallowed expenses include researcher salaries, tuition, per
diems, food, institutional overhead, administration.
- The application deadline is February 15, after which projects are approved or rejected, usually by May 1.
- For further information, see our guidelines
Please use our application form
to apply to the JRF.
Checklist for JRF projects
- apply by Feb 15
- following notification of successful proposal (around May 1), receive and return
deed confirming acceptance of award
- receive a check, carry out project
- after conclusion of project
- archive materials with UW library
- submit final report to JRF