The Jackson School Journal of International Studies is recruiting for its 2014-2015 Editorial Board. If you are a JSIS student, we encourage you to apply! If not, please pass this on to anyone who might be interested. This is a great thing to add to your resume if you are thinking of a career in policy, education, or research.
Job Description: Editors work closely with student authors as well as Jackson School faculty members to prepare papers for publication. Editors will have the opportunity to learn critical communications skills through interaction with their authors, fellow editors, and faculty advisory board. Other responsibilities include developing strategies to expand the Journal, presenting in classrooms, interviewing experts in international affairs, and performing other administrative tasks.
– Open to Freshman, Sophomores and Juniors
– Able to commit five to ten hours per week
– Able to work on the Editorial Board for at least 1 academic year (i.e.,Winter 2014-Winter 2015)
Applicants must submit the following:
– Statement of support from a professor or TA
– A writing sample of your best work, of a length of your choosing
– A personal statement, one page, single-spaced, that addresses the following questions:
1) Which aspects of your academic background (classes or research) have prepared you for this position?
2)How will your personal or professional experiences contribute to your success as an editor?