Earn Hours for attending the professional development events below!
- Idealist Grad School Fair
- TFA, City Year, AmeriCorps, and Peace Corps Joint Info Session
- Study Abroad Meet and Greet
- U Lead We Lead Initiative
- Teach For America Info
Idealist Graduate School Fair
Tuesday, October 23, 5 to 8pm
Seattle University, Campion Tower Residence Hall
914 E Jefferson Street, Seattle, WA 98122
FREE to the public and open to undergrads or anyone thinking of going to grad school.
At the fair, you can meet representatives from 80 schools that offer degrees in social work, public health, public administration, international affairs, and education to name a few.
To see the list of registered schools and to RSVP, visit bit.ly/IdealistSeattle2012
Teach For America, City Year, AmeriCorps, and Peace Corps Joint Info Session
Wednesday, October 24, 4:00PM, THO 134
Learn more at a Joint Info Session featuring Teach For America, Peace Corps, AmeriCorps and City Year. Each organization will have a representative that served in the program to share their experiences.
Study Abroad Meet and Greet
Wednesday Oct 24th 5-6pm
Meet GO! and Fritz Peer Mentors recently back from their studies abroad and enjoy international snacks. All are welcome! http://www.facebook.com/events/420823721294634/
U Lead We Lead
Thursday, October 25, 6-8pm, in the Hub Ballroom
U Lead, We Lead will feature leaders from campus and the Seattle-area sharing their personal stories and perspectives on leadership, including:
- Husky Men’s Basketball Coach Lorenzo Romar
- Jamie Lee, Development Director for Sanctuary Art Center
- Evans School Senior Lecturer Dorothy Bullitt,
- Rabbi Will Berkovitz, Vice President of Repair the World
Most importantly, the event will engage students in conversations about what it means to be a leader. Whether you consider yourself a leader, think of yourself as an emerging leader, or just want to talk more about leadership and what it means, this program is for you.
Food and refreshments will be offered at the event, and pre-event activities will be available 4-6pm in the Husky Hollow Games Area (discounted bowling and billiards) and the Commuter Commons, both in the Hub.
Registration by Tuesday 10/23 at Noon, Visit: http://bit.ly/ULeadWeLeadUW
Everyone who registers by Tuesday will have a chance to have a photo taken with Husky
Mascot Dubs on Thursday (from 5:00 to 6:00 outside the Commuter Commons in the HUB)!
If you have questions about the event, please email email@example.com
Teach For America Info
Jumpstart Exclusive Teach for America Webinar
Jumpstart is conducting exclusive Teach for America webinars this Monday, October 22nd, at 2:00pm PST and 5:00pm PST. This will be a great opportunity to learn how to successfully apply to TFA and hear from experienced panelists! Click here to read more about the webinars and register to participate.
Interested in applying to Teach For America to teach Pre-K?
Apply at the next deadline on Friday, November 2 (less than three weeks away, mark your calendars!). Only a one page resume and a 500 word letter of intent are required to apply, recommendations and transcripts are only submitted at a final interview. Click here to register and view the application. Learn more about the Early Childhood Education Initiative and Pre-K placements here.
Want to prepare the most competitive application possible?
Attend our Resume Workshop where a member of the Teach For America Selection Team will outline exactly what the organization is looking for and strategies to improve your resume. <Tuesday, October 30, 6:00PM, location TBD – see our facebook>
The Basics of Teach For America:
- Corps members are full-time teachers
- Training, support and career development opportunities including a master’s degree pathway
- Option to preference regional placement (46 regions across 35 states) and teaching assignment (preK-12, all content areas)
- Full salary ranging from $25,500 to $51,000 plus benefits
- Student loan assistance (access to AmeriCorps education grant and federal loan deferral)
- All majors and career interests encouraged to apply, regardless of teaching experience