- Jumpstart Field Day – 4/20, 10am on Denny Field
- We will be playing a lot of fun games, eating some good food (provided by you, its a potluck), and enjoying the weather (Field Day is on, rain or shine). Corps members and TLs, please come prepared to participate and have fun. Also, there will be prizes for the winners! This is a good way to meet other team members and to strengthen your teamwork as a whole. Hope to see everyone there
- Mariner’s Salute to Volunteers – 4/25, 7:10pm SafeCo Field
- Join us for a fun team bonding experience at a Mariner’s game! Tickets are $8 per person (regularly $15-$25). To buy tickets, bring your money to the Jumpstart Office in MGH 171 starting Monday 4/15.
- Jumpstart Raffle supporting Spring Celebration at the Woodland Park Zoo – ends 4/26 at 1pm
- We’re hosting a campus/community raffle from Friday, 4/12 to 4/26 to raise funds for our Spring Celebration at the Woodland Park Zoo in May! Each raffle ticket will be sold for $2 each and the prizes are pretty awesome. But, we need help! We are asking each Jumpstart Team to try to sell 10 raffle tickets. Team Leaders will pick up raffle tickets to sell to across campus and to friends or family. Need some help selling tickets? Review the Raffle details. All Tickets/Money must be turned in by Friday, 4/26 at 1pm for the drawing.
- We will also do some tabling in Red Square/the HUB to let the campus community know about our mission and to sell tickets. We’ll have a list where you can sign up for tabling time slots beginning next week. P.S. The team who sells the most tickets will get a special prize after the drawings =) Thanks so much for your help! Jumpstart VCs (Azeb and Olivia)
- Spring Celebration of Service and Leadership – 5/7, 3-5:30pm at the Ethnic Cultural Center (3931 Brooklyn Ave NE)
- The evening will begin with the Gallery of Student Projects where students will present their work during a poster session. Following the Gallery, we will honor our Edward E. Carlson Award Winner and then participants are invited to join a breakout session featuring presentations on a variety of service-focused themes. Join hosts Carlson Leadership & Public Service Center, Jumpstart, Pipeline, and Mary Gates Endowment for Students!
- Schedule of Events
3:00pm – Gallery of Student Projects
4:15pm – Program honoring UW Student Engagement
4:45pm – Breakout Sessions on Leadership, Civic Engagement and Educational Equity
Leadership: View the E-Portfolios completed by Husky Leadership Initiative Certificate Students
Civic Engagement: Learn from students who participated in Citizen University, a conference on the art of Great Citizenship
Educational Equity: A “Pecha Kucha” featuring students who are engaged in service and leadership around issues of educational equity.
- Jumpstart Spring Celebration at the Woodland Park Zoo – 5/9, 10am-2pm at the Woodland Park Zoo
- Corps members will be needed for a variety of tasks. More details to come soon…
- Jumpstart End of the Year Celebration 5/15, 6:30-8pm at the Ethnic Cultural Center (3931 Brooklyn Ave NE)
- Save the Date!
- Road Map Project Parent Forum – 4/20, 2013 Foster High School (4242 S. 144th St., Tukwila, WA 98168)
Shifts available are 8-1, Noon-5, or 1-5pm
- UW Powwow Kid’s Room Volunteering – 4/19-4/21, Hec-Ed Pavilion
Kid’s Room Volunteers Needed!
The Spring Powwow is the largest student run event on campus and is also one of the largest powwows in the Northwest. It takes place at the Alaska Airlines Arena- Hec Ed. Pavilion on April 19-21. We will need volunteers in the Kids Room Friday evening (7-9), Saturday (1-9) and Sunday (1-5). You will be responsible for watching kids age 4-15. There will be activities available for children.
- Fireside Chat with Paolo Maranan – 5/6, 5:30pm in MGH 171
- As part of the Spring Celebration week, come to the next Fireside Chat featuring the Children’s Alliance Executive Director, Paola Maranan.
- U-District Spring Clean – 5/11, 9am at the University Heights Northwest Lot (5031 University Way NE)
- Neighboring University District communities and neighborhood residents meet at University Heights Center to gather to “Spring Clean” our neighborhoods. Cleaner-Uppers meet for breakfast, conversation and assemble teams to go out into designated areas of our districts to beautify our neighborhood. After, cleaner-uppers return to U Heights for a well deserved rest, lunch and participate in our TRASH Contest!!
- Undergraduate Research Symposium – 5/17, 11am-6pm in Mary Gates Hall
- The Undergraduate Research Program is recruiting Volunteers for this year’s 16th Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium. Our Volunteers are critical to the success of the Symposium, and we invite you to Volunteer and to forward this announcement on. Volunteers can sign-up for multiple shifts as long as the times do not conflict. Thank you for your support of the Undergraduate Research Symposium!