UW Leadership for Learning (L4L)
Unlock the Power of Systems Leadership
What Distinguishes L4L?
Leadership for Learning (L4L) has been highly successul in graduating students who assume leadership positions as superintendents, higher ed faculty, district leaders, outstanding principals, and more. Across the first three cohorts, our faculty and students have worked together to achieve a 76% completion rate for the Doctorate of Education (Ed.D) degree. Additional students are continuing their studies and on track to graduate. In our 4th Leadership for Learning Cohort, 90.6% of students completed on-time in Spring 2012; the remaining students are on track to complete during the 2012-2013 academic year.
Leadership for Learning (L4L) is a cohort-based doctoral program focused on systems-level leadership. The program prepares experienced
educators to become K-12 Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents, and District Leaders, as well as
educational leaders who link districts to non-profits,
municipal offices, higher education, etc. L4L is
a three year program designed for working professionals. Upon completion of the program,
students earn the UW Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) and are qualified to apply for State of Washington
Superintendent or Program Administrator certification.
Unique features of the L4L program include:
- Commitment to core working assumptions, which guide an integrated curriculum designed for working educational leaders
- Intensive sessions to accommodate candidates’ schedules. Sessions are scheduled one Friday and Saturday each month, and one week in July.
- Curriculum designed and customized by a core faculty who plan together and teach together. These same faculty are nationally renowned scholars who are actively publishing and conducting cutting edge research.
- Cohort-based program with dedicated inquiry-focused course of study
- Personalized advising and internships
- Relevant curriculum for leaders at every level of the educational system, based on authentic problems of practice
Learn more »
U.S. News and World Report has ranked the College of Education at the University of Washington in
the top 10 for leadership and administration. This distinction recognizes the strength of our leadership preparation programs,
Leadership for Learning and Danforth, as well as faculty scholarship in the area of educational leadership.
Our next anticipated application deadline will be February 1, 2015 for the cohort beginning July of that year.
Please click here to be added to our notification list for updates and info session announce-ments.
L4L and SDLP Alumni,
please update your
current contact information.