Econ 471

International Trade
Professor Kar-yiu Wong

 Fall 2022

Econ 471 - International Trade
Fall 2022.

Classes: TTh 8:30 – 10:20 am, PCAR 395

Office: Savery 352

E-mail: e471@karyiuwong.com
Office Hours: Wednesdays 10:00 am - 12:00 noon, remote

Syllabus and Reading List

lecture notes: | 1 | 2 |

problem sets: | 0 | 1 |

lecture slides: | 1 |

 

This course covers several major theories of international trade and important trade policies such as tariff and trade wars. The theories are applied to analyze several recent big trade events and disputes in the world. The roles of some international organizations such as World Trade Organization will be examined.

 

This course consists of lectures, problem sets, one mid-term exam, and one final exam. The problem sets will be graded and will account for 10% of the total grade. The mid-term exam and final exam will carry weights of 40% and 50%, respectively.

 

Policy on Academic Conduct: The Department of Economics has a policy on academic misconduct.  Academic misconduct includes plagiarism, cheating on examinations or other individual projects or assignments, and the theft or alteration of other persons’ work for the purpose of gaining academic credit or of enhancing grades. For more details, click here.

 

Some of these pages are in .pdf format. To view and print these pages requires the program Adobe Acrobat Reader (or Acrobat version 5 or higher). If you do not have Acrobat Reader installed in your computer system, you can download a free copy of it first.

 back to the home page for teaching.

Address: Department of Economics, Box 353330, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, U. S. A.
Phone: 1-206-685-1859
Fax: 1-206-685-7477
E-mail: e471@karyiuwong.com

This page was last revised on 10/06/22.