Keck Microscopy Facility
Lasers on the Zeiss META Confocal
The Zeiss Confocal has three lasers:
1) DPSS laser with a 405 nm line.
2) Argon ion laser with lines at 458 and 488 nm.
3) Helium-neon laser with a 543 nm line.
4) Helium-neon laser with a 633 nm line.
sure to check the full excitation and emission spectra of your fluorophores
- particularly with multiple labels. Many spectra are available on Molecular
Probes' web site at http://www.probes.com
The 405 line excites DAPI, Hoescht, and Alexa405, and Pacific Blue.
458 line excites CFP.
The 488 line excites GFP, Alexa 488, Cy2, fluorescein, and Propidium Iodide.
The 543 line excites the RFPs, Alexa 568 and 555, Cy3, Rhodamine, and Propidium Iodide.
The 633 line excites Alexa 633 and 647, Cy5 and ToPro3
When to turn off the lasers:
Contact Nathaniel Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information. Suggestions and comments are always welcome!
© 2015 Keck Microscopy Facility, University of Washington