Instructions for starting the system
Instructions for shutting down the system
1. Turn on the xenon light first - turn on the POWER on the LPS-220 PTI Arc Lamp Supply (right side of microscope).
2. Turn on the power stip (left side of microscope).
3. Flip the REMOTE START lever forward (on the small black Metaltek box). You should hear the filter wheel initialize).
4. Select button #8 on the Metaltek box.
5. Flip the SHUTTER on (you should see light at the microscope) or off to block the light.
6. Select the filter block under the objective turret - slide it in for green excitation, red emission or out for blue excitation, green emission.
LEAVE THE LAMP ON FOR AT LEAST ONE HOUR
1. turn off the power strip on the left side of the microscope.
2. Turn off the POWER on the LPS-220 lamp Supply.
3. Lower the objective focus.
Nikon Diaphot TMD microscope
A MetalTek shutter and filter wheelis directly attached to the microscope.
Fura: 340/10, 380/13 nm filters are in the filter wheel. Dichroic and emission (535/50) filters are in the filter block that must be inserted below the objective turret.
FITC: all filters are in the 2-block filter carrier that must be inserted below the objective turret. Excitation 480/30, dichroic 505DCLP, and emission 535/40 filters are in the block.
TRITC: all filters are in the 2-block filter carrier that must be inserted below the objective turret. Excitation 540/25, dichroic 565DCLP, and emission 605/55 filters are in the block.
To view double labels the FITC and TRITC blocks must be switched. There is displacement when doing this so this system should not be used for double labels. A set up for double labeling is on the Nikon/PI system in K507B.