Research Professor, Department of Biostatistics
Dr. Barbra Richardson, Ph.D., is a Research Professor in the Department of Biostatistics and an Adjunct Research Professor in the Department of Global Health at the University of Washington School of Public Health and Community Medicine. She is also a Joint Member at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. Dr. Richardson received her PhD in Biostatistics from UCLA in 1993, was a postdoctoral fellow at University of Washington from 1993 to 1996, and joined the faculty of UW in 1996. She has been involved in clinical trials and HIV/AIDS and microbicide research since 1993 and is an author on over 250 peer-reviewed articles in the areas of HIV/AIDS, other sexually transmitted diseases, and statistical methodology for data from infectious disease research. Dr. Richardson has significantly contributed to the design of several HIV prevention research trials and cohort studies, including preparedness studies, safety studies (Phase I and II), and efficacy trials (Phase IIB and III). Finally, Dr. Richardson, a recipient of the International AIDS Society (IAS) Young Investigator award (2000), has been a member of several national and international review committees, and has advised various entities (including the World Health Organization (WHO)) on statistical issues in infectious disease.
- Tickell, KD, Diakhate, MM, Goodman, JL, Unger, JA, Richardson, BA, Rubin Means, A et al.. Impact of a two-way short message service (SMS) to support maternally administered childhood mid-upper arm circumference monitoring and expand malnutrition screening in Kenya: the Mama Aweza trial protocol. BMJ Open. 2020;10 (9):e036660. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2019-036660. PubMed PMID:32963066 .
- Cyrus, M, Katherine, W, Alvin, O, Irene, NN, Caren, MW, Barbra, R et al.. Time to repeat viral load testing among unsuppressed adolescents and young adults living with HIV in Kenya. J. Acquir. Immune Defic. Syndr. 2020; :. doi: 10.1097/QAI.0000000000002498. PubMed PMID:32897936 .
- Wamuti, B, Contesse, MG, Maingi, P, Macharia, P, Abuna, F, Sambai, B et al.. Factors Associated With Poor Linkage to Human Immunodeficiency Virus Care Among Index Clients and Sex Partners Receiving Human Immunodeficiency Virus Assisted Partner Services in Kenya. Sex Transm Dis. 2020;47 (9):610-616. doi: 10.1097/OLQ.0000000000001222. PubMed PMID:32815902 PubMed Central PMC7447121.
- Osoti, AO, Page, ST, Richardson, BA, Guthrie, BL, Kinuthia, J, Polyak, SJ et al.. Postpartum metabolic syndrome and high-sensitivity C-reactive protein after gestational hypertension and pre-eclampsia. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2020; :. doi: 10.1002/ijgo.13352. PubMed PMID:32812650 .
- Eastment, MC, Balkus, JE, Richardson, BA, Srinivasan, S, Kimani, J, Anzala, O et al.. Association between Vaginal Bacterial Microbiota and Vaginal Yeast Colonization. J. Infect. Dis. 2020; :. doi: 10.1093/infdis/jiaa459. PubMed PMID:32726445 .