Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
Dr. Jillian Pintye, RN, MPH, PhD is a Senior Fellow in the Department of Global Health at the University of Washington. Her research focuses on HIV and STI prevention and treatment among young women, particularly within maternal child health settings. As a postdoctoral fellow, she supports two large-scale implementation science studies on pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) for HIV prevention. The PEPFAR/DREAMS-supported PrEP Implementation for Young Women and Adolescents (PrIYA) Program evaluates integrated PrEP delivery within routine antenatal, postnatal, and family planning clinics in Kisumu County, Kenya (PIs: Grace John-Stewart, Jared Baeten). The NIH-supported PrEP Implementation for Mothers in Antenatal Care (PrIMA) Study is a cluster-randomized trial in Homa Bay and Siaya, Kenya which evaluates the cost-effectiveness of risk-targeted and universal PrEP delivery approaches (PIs: Grace John-Stewart, Jared Baeten). Dr. Pintye is currently supported by an NIH F32 Fellowship to evaluate adherence to PrEP using biomarkers among pregnant and postpartum women in Western Kenya. Prior to graduate school, Dr. Pintye was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Botswana, where she developed a passion for HIV prevention among women and children.
- Sabo, MC, Lehman, DA, Pintye, JC, Wang, B, Drake, AL, Kinuthia, J et al.. Elevation of Cervical CXCL10 Levels is Associated with HIV-1 Acquisition in Pregnant and Postpartum Women. AIDS. 2020; :. doi: 10.1097/QAD.0000000000002613. PubMed PMID:32701583 .
- Escudero, JN, Dettinger, JC, Pintye, J, Kinuthia, J, Lagat, H, Abuna, F et al.. Community Perceptions About Use of Pre-exposure Prophylaxis Among Adolescent Girls and Young Women in Kenya. J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care. 2020; :. doi: 10.1097/JNC.0000000000000191. PubMed PMID:32675642 .
- Pintye, J, Huo, Y, Kacanek, D, Zhang, K, Kuncze, K, Okochi, H et al.. Extent of in-utero transfer of tenofovir from mother to fetus: a paired analysis of hair specimens collected at birth from a cohort in the United States. J. Infect. Dis. 2020; :. doi: 10.1093/infdis/jiaa398. PubMed PMID:32620015 .
- Larsen, A, Wilson, KS, Kinuthia, J, John-Stewart, G, Richardson, BA, Pintye, J et al.. Standardised patient encounters to improve quality of counselling for pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) in adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Kenya: study protocol of a cluster randomised controlled trial. BMJ Open. 2020;10 (6):e035689. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2019-035689. PubMed PMID:32565464 PubMed Central PMC7311012.
- Wagner, AD, Kinuthia, J, Dettinger, J, Mwongeli, N, GÓmez, L, Watoyi, S et al.. Challenges of discrepant HIV tests in pregnant women in the PrEP era - to treat or not to treat?. J. Infect. Dis. 2020; :. doi: 10.1093/infdis/jiaa343. PubMed PMID:32561928 .