Co-operative Union Market, a union-owned enterprise
Co-operative Food Products Association
Address: 302 Washington Street
The Co-operative Food Products Association (CFPA) started out as a co-operative meat market in 1918 and was founded by the Butchers’ Union. The store was originally called the South-end Public Market and employed 78 people. By the end of 1919 the CFPA had over 1,000 families as members. They offered liberal credit to strikers and their families during the Seattle General Strike and offered work to striking employees. Along the with CFPA, the other large co-operative, the Seattle Consumers’ Co-operative Association (SCCA), offered 10,000 free loaves of bread to striking laborers.