Medical Informatics Division
Computer Helpdesk Staff and Services
- M-F 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- For after hours support for LIS-related problems, call UW SPS at (206) 598-6224 and request on-call programmer pager number.
- 1959 NE Pacific Street, Room NW121
- Seattle, WA 98195
- Tel: (206) 598-6155
- Pager: (206) 680-8218
- Email: email@example.com
- Supervisor: Amy Shepherd
- Franklin Furlong
- Judy Greenleaf
What We Offer:
- Your computer - Macintosh or Dell computer loaded with Microsoft Office, Outlook Express, Internet Explorer, and Acrobat Reader. Additional software may be available upon request. Please consult with us before adding any other software. Do NOT load screensavers, MP3 players, chat software, ISP software, etc.
- Network file services - we have a network of fileservers that staff, faculty and residents use to store and share files. Because we perform daily backups, this is the preferred place to save your files. If you only save your files on your computer and not on the server, you may experience data loss.
- Network printing services - we have both grayscale and color laserprinters available for your use.
- Graphics workstation - equipped with a flatbed scanner and slide scanner as well as a variety of graphics software.
- Our staff - we can assist you with solving problems as well as providing resources for learning how to effectively use software and hardware.
- We will not be able to help you with any difficulties you may have with your privately-owned home computers. Likewise, we will not be able to lend you any software or hardware to use at home.
- Due to time constraints, we are unable to offer extended lessons in software such as Photoshop. You are encouraged to take C&C's excellent, affordable classes.
- Also due to time constraints, we are unable to scan images and create Powerpoint presentations for you. However, we are available to show you how to use the scanner and can give you tips on Powerpoint.
Other Computing Resources
Always backup your work. Never keep only one copy of important files.
Last Updated: 5-25-07
© 2010 University
of Washington. All rights reserved.
of Privacy Practices | Copyright and Disclaimer | UW Privacy | UW Terms