This section provides information about sample types, collection methods, transportation, and reporting of results.
For more test specific information, see Diagnostic Virology Testing.
- University of Washington
- Department of Laboratory Medicine
- 1959 NE Pacific Street, NW-220
- Seattle, Wa. 98195
- For packages sent by BUS or PLANE, and needing to be picked up, please add:
- "Call on Arrival (206) 598-6224"
It is recommended that you notify Reference Laboratory Services (206) 685-6066 or (800) 713-5198, 8am- 5pm, Monday through Friday, prior to sending packages by bus or plane. At times outside of these hours, please call the laboratory directly at (206) 598-6224 or (800) 713-5198.
Specimen Transport Service
Courier service is provided at no charge* in the areas near Auburn, Bellevue, Bellingham, Bothell, Edmonds, Everett, Kent, Kirkland, Mt. Vernon, Olympia, Renton, Seattle, and Tacoma. The courier route includes bus and air freight depots. Stops are made at the Sea-Tac Airport as needed (please telephone (206) 598-6066 or (800) 713-5198 to schedule a pick-up). Stops are made at Greyhound Bus Terminal in the morning and afternoon, Monday through Friday. For more information, please contact Reference Laboratory Services, (206) 685-6066 or (800) 713-5198.
There is no STAT courier service.
All fees incurred for specimen transport other than via our courier service are the responsibility of the patient/sending location.
These supplies are routinely provided at no charge to laboratory users, please call Reference Laboratory Services to place a request, (206) 685-6066 or (800) 713-5198.
- Blood culture collection tubes
- Chlamydia culture transport media
- Chlamydia NAAT collection urine kits
- Chlamydia NAAT Swab Kits
- Containers for timed urine or stool collections
- Laboratory requisition forms
- Mycoplasma culture transport media
- Plastic transport tubes
- Specimen bags
- Styrofoam mailing containers and blue ice packs
- Viral culture transport media
Clients will be billed monthly by an itemized invoice that includes the date, patient's name, specimen identification number, test performed, and the fee for each specimen completed during the month. Please note that our terms arep ayable upon receipt. If you have any questions pertaining to your account, please notify us immediately so that we may resolve them in a timely manner. Any adjustments will appear on the following month's statements.
Out-of-state Client Billing
Reference Laboratory Services is not able to provide third party billing for out-of-state clients. All laboratory work that is ordered from out of state locations will be billed directly to the ordering location. Please note an ICD9 diagnosis code and a UPIN is required for all insurance billing.
* Please contact the Reference Laboratory Services at (206) 685-6066 or (800) 713-5198 if you intend to use our courier service for non-departmental delivery.
Last updated: 7/10/07