- › Self Assessment Module Info
- › Public Calendars
- LabM 502 Grand Rounds Schedule — Winter 2017
- LabM 510 Research Conference Schedule — Winter 2017
- LabM 502 Grand Rounds Schedule — Fall 2016
- LabM 510 Research Conference Schedule — Fall 2016
- Laboratory Medicine Event Calendar (Trumba)
- Public Google Calendar email@example.com — Google Calendar users, add calendar by clicking "+Google Calendar" in lower right corner of the calendar below
- "Lean not mean": an interview with Joe Rutledge and Joanne Simpson [PDF]
- "Error Disclosure": An Interview with Dr. Thomas Gallagher [PDF]
- "Root Cause Analysis and Patient Safety Interventions": An Interview with Dr. John Gosbee [PDF]
- "Improving the Utilization of Laboratory Tests", by Dr. Michael Astion [PDF]
- "Errors in Anatomic Pathology": an Interview with Dr. Stephen Raab [PDF]
The Department of Laboratory Medicine offers a variety of continuing education opportunities for staff, residents, and faculty. These include our Grand Rounds series, Research Conference and a variety of in-services and journal clubs.
Urine Drug Screening
New Testing Strategies for Chronic Pain.
The Departments of Laboratory Medicine and Pain Medicine have collaborated to develop new testing strategies for chronic pain patients to help comply with new state regulations (WAC 246).
"What Goes In Must Come Out" is a PowerPoint 2007 with audio that discusses the history of the new regulations and their impact on laboratory testing.
Play slideshow »
View presentation »
Current quarter schedules:
Previous quarter schedules:
Laboratory Medicine Grand Rounds
The University of Washington School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Washington School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 27 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. (Each session is 1.0 credit.)
Laboratory Medicine Grand Rounds runs fall, winter and spring quarters and is free and open to all. Sign in is required for CME or CE credit.
The primary purpose of Laboratory Medicine Grand Rounds is to provide up-to-date information on laboratory testing for diagnosis, prognosis, and monitoring diseases. This Continuing Medical Education (CME) accredited series covers test ordering and interpretation as well as issues related to quality improvement in clinical laboratory services. The course also encompasses current research and trends in laboratory medicine and in medicine more generally, and considers how these trends are likely to impact the future practice of medicine. Lastly, the course includes lectures on general topics in medicine that provide up-to-date information in areas where laboratory testing is of particular importance.
NOTE: See also Grand Rounds schedule for the quarter (above).
Self Assessment Modules (SAM)
Laboratory Medicine Grand Rounds has been approved by the American Board of Pathology to designate certain Grand Rounds sessions as eligible for self assessment module (SAM) credit, and we are working to implement this in 2017.
Grand Rounds and Research Conference Calendars
Selected Writings and Interviews on Hospital and Laboratory Quality
Last updated: 12/19/2016