Xueyan Chen, MD, PhD
Acting Assistant Professor,
Department of Laboratory Medicine;
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
UW Hematopathology Laboratory
825 Eastlake Ave E
Seattle, WA 98109
Education and Training
- MD, Beijing Medical University, Beijing, China, 1995
- MS Cell Biology, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China, 1998
- PhD Cell, Molecular & Developmental Biology, Tufts University, Boston MA, 2003
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, 2004-07
- Resident, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2007-11
- Fellow, Hematopathology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2011-12
- Molecular pathology
- Function and regulation of cyclin-dependent kinase and inhibitors in normal and tumorigenic cells
- Flow cytometric analysis of T cell lymphoma/leukemia
- Charactering immunophenotype in T cell lymphoma/leukemia
- The relation of clinical response and minimal residual disease and their prognostic impact on outcome in acute myeloid leukemia
- Phenotypic analysis of CDK2AF knock-in mouse in hematopoietic system
- Loeb KR and Chen X. Too much cleavage of cyclin E promotes breast tumorigenisis. PLoS Genet. 2012. 8:e1002623.
- Zhao H, Chen X, Gurian-West M, Roberts JM. Loss of CDK2 inhibitory phosphorylation in a CDK2AF knock-in mouse causes misregulation of DNA replication and centrosome duplication. Mol Cell Biol. 2012. 32:1421-1432.
- Chen X, Harter J, Iskandar B, Salamat S. Growing mammary choristoma masquerading as a lumbosacral lipomyelomeningocele in pubertal girl. J Neruosurg: Pediatrics. 2011. 8:321-324.
- Chen X, Raca G, Laffin J, Babaian KN, Williams DH. Chromosomal Abnormalities in Two Cases of Testicular Failur. J Androl. 2011. 32:226-231.
- Koopmann MC, Chen X, Holst JJ, Ney DM. Sustained glucagon-like peptide-2 infusion is required for intestinal dadaptation, and cessation reverses increased cellularity in rats with intestinal failure. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2010. 299(6):G1222-30.
- Chen X, Barton LF, Chi Y, Clurman BE, Roberts JM. Ubiquitin-independent degradation of cell-cycle inhibitors by the REGy proteasome. Mol Cell. 2007. 26:843-852.
- Besson A, Gurian-West M, Chen X, Kelly-Spratt KS, Kemp CJ, Roberts JM. A pathway in quiescent cells that controls p27 Kip1 stability, subcellular localization, and tumor suppression. Genes Dev. 2006. 20:47-64.
Honors and Awards
- Resident Scholarship, Wisconsin Society of Pathology, 2008 Earle P. Charlton Poster Competition Finalist, Tufts University, 2001
- Sackler Biomedical Travel Award, Tufts University, 2001
- Distinctive Student Fellowship, Peking Union Medical College, 1996-98
- Distinctive Student Scholarship, Beijing Medical, 1991-95
Last updated: 1/2/2013