Xueyan Chen, MD, PhD
Acting Assistant Professor,
Department of Laboratory Medicine;
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
UW Hematopathology Laboratory
825 Eastlake Ave E
Seattle, WA 98109
Education and Training
- MD, Beijing Medical University, Beijing, China, 1995
- MS Cell Biology, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China, 1998
- PhD Cell, Molecular & Developmental Biology, Tufts University, Boston MA, 2003
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, 2004-07
- Resident, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2007-11
- Fellow, Hematopathology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2011-12
- Molecular pathology
- Function and regulation of cyclin-dependent kinase and inhibitors in normal and tumorigenic cells
- Flow cytometric analysis of T cell lymphoma/leukemia
- Charactering immunophenotype in T cell lymphoma/leukemia
- The relation of clinical response and minimal residual disease and their prognostic impact on outcome in acute myeloid leukemia
- Phenotypic analysis of CDK2AF knock-in mouse in hematopoietic system
- Jang W, Chen X, Flis D, Harris M, Schwob JE. Label-retaining, quiescent globose basal cells are found in the olfactory epithelium. J Comp Neurol. (2014). 522(4):731-49. doi: 10.1002/cne.23470.
- Chen X, Soma LA, Fromm JR. Targeted therapy for Hodgkin lymphoma and systemic anaplastic large cell lymphoma: focus on brentuximab vedotin.Onco Targets Ther. (2013). 7:45-56. doi: 10.2147/OTT.S39107.
- Chen X, Cherian S. Immunophenotypic characterization of T-cell prolymphocytic leukemia. Am J Clin Pathol. (2013). 140(5):727-35. doi: 10.1309/AJCPG71KYOXTKLQW.
- Loeb KR and Chen X. Too much cleavage of cyclin E promotes breast tumorigenisis. PLoS Genet. (2012). 8:e1002623.
- Zhao H, Chen X, Gurian-West M, Roberts JM. Loss of CDK2 inhibitory phosphorylation in a CDK2AF knock-in mouse causes misregulation of DNA replication and centrosome duplication. Mol Cell Biol. (2012). 32:1421-1432.
- Chen X, Harter J, Iskandar B, Salamat S. Growing mammary choristoma masquerading as a lumbosacral lipomyelomeningocele in pubertal girl. J Neruosurg: Pediatrics. (2011). 8:321-324.
Honors and Awards
- Resident Scholarship, Wisconsin Society of Pathology, 2008 Earle P. Charlton Poster Competition Finalist, Tufts University, 2001
- Sackler Biomedical Travel Award, Tufts University, 2001
- Distinctive Student Fellowship, Peking Union Medical College, 1996-98
- Distinctive Student Scholarship, Beijing Medical, 1991-95
Last updated: 1/08/2015