Xueyan Chen, MD, PhD
Department of Laboratory Medicine;
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
UW Hematopathology Laboratory
825 Eastlake Ave E
Seattle, WA 98109
Education and Training
- MD, Beijing Medical University, Beijing, China, 1995
- MS Cell Biology, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China, 1998
- PhD Cell, Molecular & Developmental Biology, Tufts University, Boston MA, 2003
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, 2004-07
- Resident, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2007-11
- Fellow, Hematopathology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2011-12
- Molecular pathology
- Clinical and immunophenotypic characterization of myeloid stem cell neoplasms with common cytogenetic abnormalities
- The prognostic impact of clinical response and minimal residual disease by flow cytometry in acute myeloid leukemia
- Function and regulation of cyclin-dependent kinase and inhibitors in normal and tumorigenic cells
- Charactering immunophenotype in T cell lymphoma/leukemia
- The relation of clinical response and minimal residual disease and their prognostic impact on outcome in acute myeloid leukemia
- Phenotypic analysis of CDK2AF knock-in mouse in hematopoietic system
- Chen X, Newell LF, Xie H, Walter RB, Pagel JM, Sandhu VK, Becker PS, Hendrie PC, Abkowitz JL, Appelbaum FR, Estey EH. Low platelet count reduces subsequent complete remission rate despite marrow with <5% blasts after AML induction therapy. Leukemia. (2015) 29(8):1779-80. doi: 10.1038/leu.2015.23.
- Chen X, Xie H, Wood BL, Walter RB, Pagel JM, Becker PS, Sandhu VK, Abkowitz JL, Appelbaum FR, Estey EH. Relation of clinical response and minimal residual disease and their prognostic impact on outcome in acute myeloid leukemia. J Clin Oncol. (2015) 10;33(11):1258-64. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2014.58.3518.
- Jang W, Chen X, Flis D, Harris M, Schwob JE. Label-retaining, quiescent globose basal cells are found in the olfactory epithelium. J Comp Neurol. (2014). 522(4):731-49. doi: 10.1002/cne.23470.
- Chen X, Soma LA, Fromm JR. Targeted therapy for Hodgkin lymphoma and systemic anaplastic large cell lymphoma: focus on brentuximab vedotin.Onco Targets Ther. (2013). 7:45-56. doi: 10.2147/OTT.S39107.
- Chen X, Cherian S. Immunophenotypic characterization of T-cell prolymphocytic leukemia. Am J Clin Pathol. (2013). 140(5):727-35. doi: 10.1309/AJCPG71KYOXTKLQW.
- Loeb KR and Chen X. Too much cleavage of cyclin E promotes breast tumorigenisis. PLoS Genet. (2012). 8:e1002623.
- Zhao H, Chen X, Gurian-West M, Roberts JM. Loss of CDK2 inhibitory phosphorylation in a CDK2AF knock-in mouse causes misregulation of DNA replication and centrosome duplication. Mol Cell Biol. (2012). 32:1421-1432.
Honors and Awards
- Resident Scholarship, Wisconsin Society of Pathology, 2008 Earle P. Charlton Poster Competition Finalist, Tufts University, 2001
- Sackler Biomedical Travel Award, Tufts University, 2001
- Distinctive Student Fellowship, Peking Union Medical College, 1996-98
- Distinctive Student Scholarship, Beijing Medical, 1991-95
Last updated: 10/02/2015