David Chou, MD
Director, Informatics, Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington and Harborview Medical Centers;
Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Information Technology Services;
Director, Roosevelt and Hall Health Labs, POC Testing, Phlebotomy Services
University of Washington
Department of Laboratory Medicine, NW120
1959 NE Pacific Street
Seattle, WA 98195-7110
Education and Training
- BS in Chemistry, Carnegie-Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, 1966-1970
- MD, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, 1970-1974
- MS in Computer Science, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 1976-1979
- NSF-sponsored program for introduction of high school students to computers at Carnegie Institute of Technology, 1964-1965
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Alumni Association sponsored summer research, 1970-1972
- National Institutes of Health medical student program: Computers in Clinical Medicine, 1974
- Department of Pharmacology, Mt. Sinai School of medicine, New York, NY, Fellow (1974-75), Associate (1975-76), Visiting Fellow (1977)
- Pathology Resident and National Library of Medicine Fellow, Division of Health Computer Sciences, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota and Fairview-University Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, 1976-1980
- Hoofnagle AN, Peterson GN, Kelly JL, Sayre CA, Chou D, Hirsch IB, Utilization of Serum and Plasma Glucose Measurements as a Benchmark for Improved Hospital-wide Glycemic Control. Endocrine Practice, 14(5):556-563, 2008.
- Hoofnagle A, Chou D, and Astion ML. Online database for documenting clinical pathology resident education, Clin. Chem., 53(1):134-137, 2007.
- Astion ML and Chou D. Just culture and strong interventions at the point of care, Point of Care: The Journal of Near-Patient Testing & Technology. 4:154-157, 2005.
- Mayer M, Chou D, and Eytan T. Unit-independent reporting of laboratory test results, Clin Chem Lab Med, 39(1):50-52, 2001.
- Chou D. Internet: road to heaven or hell for the clinical laboratory? Clin Chem, 42(5):827-830, 1996.
Last updated: 1/3/2013