Jill Clarridge, PhD
Chief, Microbiology, VA Puget Sound Health Care System Laboratory (113)
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Service (113)
Veterans Affairs Medical Center
1660 S. Columbian Way
Jill E. Clarridge has three children and three grandchildren, one of whom attends UW.
Education and Training
- BS (Honors, Zoology, Mathematics) University of Michigan, 1961
- M..(Zoology) University of Michigan, 1962
- PhD (Microbiology, Molecular Biology) Purdue University, 1973
- Research Associate, Purdue University, 1973-74
- Fellow in Postdoctoral Program in Medical Microbiology and Public Health, Baylor College of Medicine, 1974-76
- American Board of Medical Microbiology, Diplomate, 1980
- Harrington, A, Mahlen, S.D. and J.E. Clarridge, III. 2010. Significantly larger numbers of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bacteria are recovered from polymicrobial respiratory and wound sites by use of chromogenic media thank by the use of conventional culture. J Clin Microbiol. 2010 Apr;48(4):1350-3. Epub 2010 Feb 24.
- Mahlen, S.D. and JE Clarridge, III. 2011. Evaluation of Selection Strategy before Use of 16S rRNA Gene Sequencing for the Identification of Clinically Significant Gram-Negative Rods and Coccobacilli. Am J Clin Pathol. 2011 Sep;136(3):381-8.
- Glover WA, Suarez CJ, Clarridge JE 3rd. 2011 Genotypic and phenotypic characterization and clinical significance of 'Haemophilus quentini' isolated from the urinary tract of adult men. J Med Microbiol. 2011 Nov;60(Pt11)1689-92. Epub 2011 Jul 7.
- Klatte, J, Jill Clarridge, Denise Bratcher, and Rangaraj Selvarangan. 2011 "A Longitudinal Case Series Description of Meningitis Due to Streptococcus gallolyticus subspecies pasteurianus in Infants" Accepted, Journal of Clinical Microbiology. 2012 Jan;50(1):57-60. Epub 2011 Nov 9.
- Harrington, AT., J C. Hsia, E Mendez, JE Clarridge, 3rd. 2011 "A Lingual Abscess Caused by Streptococcus intermedius. J Med Microbiol. 2012 Apr;61(Pt 4):590-2. Epub 2011 Nov 24.
- Clarridge JE 3rd, Harrington AT, Roberts MC, Soge OO, Maquelin K 2012. Impact of strain typing method on assessing the relationship of paired nares and wound isolates of methicillin-resistant Staphyloccocus aureus. J Clin Microbiol. 2012 Nov 7. [Epub ahead of print]port and literature review. J Clin Microbiol. 47:848-851.
Honors and Awards
- University of Michigan Senior Society Honorary
- National Science Foundation Individual Fellowship
- Danforth Fellowship for Women
- Sigma XI Scientific Society
- American Society for Microbiology Foundation Lecturer, 1989-1990
- Outstanding Poster Presentation, Hansen Award, SWACM, 1993
- Fellow, American Academy of Microbiology, 1995
- Wellcome Visiting professorship, St. Cloud State University, 1997
- O'Neal/Spjut Award for Best Published Manuscript in Clinical Pathology. Baylor College of Medicine, Department of Pathology,, 1999
Last updated: 1/29/2013