Jonathan Fromm, MD, PhD
Associate Professor, Laboratory Medicine
Associate Director, Hematopathology Laboratory, UWMC
University of Washington
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Room G7800
825 Eastlake Ave East
Seattle, WA 98109
Dr. Fromm is an Associate Director of the Hematopathology laboratory at the University of Washington. Dr. Fromm's research interests are the pathobiology of lymphoma and developing new diagnostic methods for lymphoma.
Education and Training
- Hematopathology Fellowship, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, 2003-2005
- Combined Anatomic/Clinical Pathology Residency Program, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, 1998-2003
- PhD in Medicinal and Natural Products Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, 1992-1996
- MD candidate, College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, 1990-1997
- Medical Scientist Training Program, College of medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, 1990- 1997
- BA in Chemistry, Grinnell College, Grinnell, Iowa, 1986-1990
- Flow cytometry
- Morphology of leukemia and lymphoma
- Molecular diagnostics in Hematopathology
- Pathobiology of lymphoma
- New diagnostic methods for lymphoma
- Identifying novel antigens that are useful in diagnosing CHL by flow cytometry
- Identifying antigens which have prognostic significance in CHL
- Identifying molecular abnormalities in lymphoma
- J.R. Fromm, A. Thomas, B.L. Wood. Increased Expression of T cell Antigens on T cells in Classical Hodgkin lymphoma, Cytometry: Part B-Clinical Cytometry, (2010) 78, 387-388.
- D. Wu, B.L. Wood, R. Dorer, J. R. Fromm. "Double-Hit" mature B-cell lymphomas show a common immunophenotype by flow cytometry that includes decreased CD20 expression. American Journal of Clinical Pathology, (2010), 134, 258-265.
- J.R. Fromm, A. Thomas, and B.L. Wood. Flow Cytometry Can Diagnosis Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma in Lymph Nodes with High Sensitivity and Specificity, American Journal of Clinical Pathology, (2009), 131, 322-332.
- J.R. Fromm, S.J. Kussick, and B.L. Wood. Identification and Purification of Classical Hodgkin Cells from Lymph Nodes by Flow Cytometry and Flow Cytometric Cell Sorting, American Journal of Clinical Pathology, (2006) 126, 764-780.
- S. Faham, R. E. Hileman, J. R. Fromm, R. J. Linhardt, D. C. Rees. Heparin Structure and Interactions with Basic Fibroblast Growth Factor, Science (1996) 271, 1116-1120.
Honors and Awards
- Strandjord-Clayson Award, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, 2004
- Angiogenesis Fellowship, The Angiogenesis Foundation, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1996
- Elected to Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Honor Medical Society, Iowa Chapter, 1994
- Biocatalysis Fellowship, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, 1994-1996
- American Foundation of Pharmaceutical Education Fellowship, Rockville, Maryland, 1993-1996
- Honors in Medical School (67 class hours), University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, 1990-1997
- Dean's List - 8 semesters, Grinnell College, Grinnell, Iowa, 1986-1990
- Graduation with honors in Chemistry, Grinnell College, Grinnell, Iowa, 1990
- The Alumni Chemistry Award, Grinnell College, Grinnell, Iowa., 1990
- Sophomore Book Award, Grinnell College, Grinnell, Iowa, 1987
- Freshman Chemistry Award, Grinnell College, Grinnell, Iowa, 1986
Last updated: 1/22/2013