David Wu, MD, PhD
Associate Director, UW Hematopathology
University of Washington
Department of Laboratory Medicine, NW120
825 Eastlake, G7800
Seattle, WA 98115
Dr. Wu enjoys reading, running, and spending time with friends and family.
Education and Training
- BS, Chemical Engineering and Biochemistry, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL, 1995
- PhD, Medical Engineering and Medical Physics, Harvard University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, 2001
- MD, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, 2003
- Anatomic Pathology, PGY-1 and -2, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA, 2003-05
- Molecular Genetic Pathology, Clinical Fellow, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, 2005
- Molecular Genetic Pathology, Clinical Fellow, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, 2006
- Anatomic Pathology, PGY-3, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA, 2006-07
- Hematopathology, Clinical Fellow, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA, 2007-08
- Molecular diagnostics and prognostication
- Diagnosis of minimal residual disease
- Discovery of novel diagnostic markers of hematopoietic neoplasms for diagnostic applications
- Development, validation and clinical application of next-generation sequencing technologies for diagnosis and prognostication
- D. Wu, A. Sherwood, J.R. Fromm, S.S. Winter, K.P. Dunsmore, M.L Loh, H.A. Greisman, D.E. Sabath, B.L. Wood and H. Robins, "High-throughput sequencing to detect minimal residual disease in Acute T lymphoblastic leukemia," Science Translational Medicine, 4, 123ra63 (2012).
- Mawad R, D. Wu, JL Abkowitz, RB Walter, "Myeloid sarcoma of the heart," Leuk. Lymphoma, 2012 May 21; PMID: 22506643.
- D. Wu, B. Wood, and J. Fromm, Chapter 2, "Flow cytometry for non-Hodgkin and Classical Hodgkin lymphoma," In Lymphoma, Methods in Molecular Biology Series, Humana Press, Edited by R. Kuppers, doi: 10.1007/978-1-62703-269-8_2.
- D. Wu, B. Wood, and J. Fromm, "'Double-hit' mature B-cell lymphomas show a common immunophenotype by flow cytometry that includes decreased CD20 expression," American Journal of Clinical Pathology, 134:258-265, 2010.
- D. Wu, Q. Vu, A. Nguyen, J.R. Stone, H. Stubbs, G. Kuhlmann, L.M. Sholl and A.J. Iafrate, "In situ genetic analysis of cellular chimerism, "Nature Medicine, 15(2):215-219, 2009.
Honors and Awards
- Stanley L. Robbins Memorial Research Award, Dept. of Pathology, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA, 2007
- Young Investigator Award, Association for Molecular Pathology, Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL, 2006
- Ratheon Company Research Fellow, 2002-2003
- Whitaker Foundation Graduate Fellow, 1996-2001
- Tau Beta Pi and Phi Beta Kappa, 1995
- Harvey H. Jordan Award – Valedictorian, College of Engineering, Univ. of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 1995
- National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowship, National Institutes of Health, Medical Scientist Training Program Fellowship at Northwestern University, Chicago, IL and Washington University, St. Louis, MO.
- M.D./Ph.D. Fellowship at University of Minnesota, MN; (all declined), 1995
- Barry M. Goldwater National Scholarship, 3M Engineering Scholar, and International Paper Company Chemical Sciences Scholarship, 1994
- Colgate-Palmolive Scholar and General Mills, Inc. Scholarship, 1993
- Illinois General Assembly Scholarship, 1991
Last updated: 1/22/2013