Service Opportunities Fair
Mary Gates Hall Commons
January 11, 2011, 3:00pm-5:00pm
Join the Carlson Leadership & Public Service Center in welcoming non-profit organizations from around the greater Seattle community as they come to the UW campus to share opportunities to serve.
- Find on-going service opportunities: Make a positive impact, apply your academic study to a real need & gain real-world experience that could lead you toward a fulfilling career.
- Find a volunteer opportunity to participate in during the MLK Day of Service, Monday, January 17th: Make it a day on!
- Find out what support is available for earning funding toward your education or academic credit for making a commitment to serve.
- Learn more about the issues that are affecting our local community, how local service organizations are addressing these issues, and what you can do to get involved.
- Opportunities will be available for UW students, staff, faculty, alumni, family, & friends!
Following the Service Fair, the UW Career Center will be coordinating a Post-Graduation Service Opportunities Panel following the Fair. Learn about life-defining service opportunities with the Peace Corps, Teach For America, AmeriCorps, and the Jesuit Volunteer Corps from the people who’ve done them. Panelists from these organizations will share their personal experiences and provide tips on how you can get involved after graduation.
"Everybody can be great because everybody can serve."
-Reverend Martin Luther King Jr.
- American Red Cross
- Basic and Transitional Studies - SCCC
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Puget Sound
- City Year Seattle
- Denise Louie Education Center
- Friends of the Cedar River Watershed
- Heart of America Northwest
- Helping Link
- InterIm CDA
- Jewish Family Service
- Kirkland Arts Center
- Lettuce Link, Solid Ground
- Literacy Source
- National MS Society, Greater Northwest Chapter
- Nature Consortium
- Neighborhood House
- Not For Sale Washington
- Public Health Reserve Corps
- Real Change
- Repair the World
- Save Habitat And Diversity of Wetlands
- Sea Mar Community Health Centers
- Seattle Parks Dept./Green Seattle Reforestation Projects
- Seattle's Union Gospel Mission
- Seward Park Environmental & Audubon Center
- Sojourner Place
- Somali Community Services Coalition
- Statewide Poverty Action Network
- Technology Access Foundation
- Teen Feed
- United Indians of All Tribes Head Start program
- University YMCA
- UW Restoration Ecology Network Yesler Creek Reforestation Project
- Volunteer Chore Services ~ Catholic Community Services
- Washington Trails Association
- YWCA of Seattle - King - Snohomish County