Summer 2008 Service-Learning Courses
The Carlson Center is supporting two service-learning courses during Summer quarter 2008.
- Anthropology 467: Anthropology of Education, taught by Tami Blumenfield
- English 121 A: Social Issues: Food Systems, taught by Jenny Halpin
We are launching a new service-learning database this quarter and look forward to hearing how it works for you.
- In order to learn what service-learning positions are available for your course, please log in (using your UW NetID) to our service-learning database at http://depts.washington.edu/leader/servicelearning/register
- You will see are all the community-based organizations and positions that are available for your service-learning course.
- Before service-learning registration begins (on June 24 or 25), you can learn about each position and decide which ones look interesting to you and will fit with your summer quarter schedule.
- Students who choose service-learning will spend 20 to 30 hours in the community over the course of the summer.
- Explore the Students page on our website to learn more about service-learning! You may also contact us at 206.616.2885 or email@example.com if you have additional questions.
- Carlson Center staff will make a presentation in each class about service-learning logistics. You can find a copy of the service-learning overview here.
- For ANTH 467, service-learning registration begins at 12:00 noon on Tuesday, June 24th.
- For ENGL 121, service-learning registration begins at 1:00 pm on Wednesday, June 25th.
- Service-learning registration is online at:
- Service-learning registration will remain open until 5:00 pm on Thursday, June 26th.
- Once you have chosen a service-learning position (by clicking the “choose a position“ button), you will be asked for a telephone number and to electronically “sign” an Acknowledgement of Risk statement.
- All service-learning positions are first come, first served. If a position is filled, you must choose another. Please do not call the service-learning organization until you have registered for a position.
- You can log back in to the service-learning database at any time to find details about your service-learning position.
If you have questions about service-learning email firstname.lastname@example.org, call (206) 616-2885 or stop by Mary Gates 120 to make an appointment to speak with a Carlson Center staff member.
If you are unable to see the service-learning positions for your course, or you receive an error message, please contact us as soon as possible, preferably before registration begins.
If you cannot see the service-learning positions online, you can find them on the pdf documents below. Do contact us (206.616.2885 or email@example.com) if you are having difficulty with the online system.
Last updated June 22, 2008.