The Individualized Leadership Training Plan (ILTP) is your personal map for tracking progress toward meeting the
- Mastery of MCH Leadership Competencies and administrative skills to affect systems change, for children with NDRDs/ASDs and for vulnerable populations.
- Knowledge and skill in all aspects of NDRDs/ASDs including: prevention and health promotion, early detection, evaluation, treatment strategies, care coordination, evidence-based practice, medical home, and adolescent health transition issues.
- Mastery of the interdisciplinary team skills (team building, shared leadership, mutual accountability) and communication skills (verbal, written, and conflict resolution).
- Knowledge of life course theory, the social environment (the family, community, and school), and other social determinants of health in children with NDRDs/ASDs and their families.
- Skill in family-centered, culturally competent, community-based health care practices.
- Knowledge and skill to evaluate, apply, and conduct research in all aspects of NDRDs/ASDs.
- Knowledge and skill applying Title V legislation and policies, and public health core functions to maternal and child health program and practice issues.
- Ability to utilize information technology (e.g. electronic communication media, information and data management, electronic medical records, and distance learning) to promote innovative practice models.
ILTP fillable PDF
Additional Recommended Readings