- 2011 M.S. Chemistry University of Washington
- 2009 B.S. Biochemistry Southern Oregon University
Awards and Honors
- 2013 Chemical Computing Group Excellence Award
- 2013 Chemistry Department Nominee for UW Graduate Student Medal
- 2013 University Nominee for Intel Ph.D. Fellowship
- J. W. May, J. D. Lehner, M. J. Frisch, X. Li, “Transition State Search using a Guided Direct Inversion in the Iterative Subspace Method,” J. Chem. Theory Comput., 2012, 8, 5175.
- J. W. May, R. J. McMorris, X. Li, “Ferromagnetism in p-Type Manganese-Doped Zinc Oxide Quantum Dots,” J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 2012, 3, 1374.
- R. Beaulac, Y. Feng, J. W. May, E. Badaeva, D. R. Gamelin, X. Li, “Orbital pathways for Mn2+-carrier sp—d exchange in diluted magnetic semiconductor quantum dots,” Phys. Rev. B, 2011, 84, 195324.
- E. Badaeva, J. W. May, J. Ma, D. R. Gamelin, X. Li, “Characterization of Excited-state Magnetic Exchange in Mn2+-doped ZnO Quantum Dots using Time-Dependent Density Functional Theory,” J. Phys. Chem. C, 2011, 115, 20986.