- 2011 M.S. Chemistry University of Washington
- 2009 B.S. Biochemistry Southern Oregon University
Awards and Honors
- 2013 Chemical Computing Group Excellence Award
- 2013 Chemistry Department Nominee for UW Graduate Student Medal
- 2013 University Nominee for Intel Ph.D. Fellowship
- J. W. May, J. Ma, E. Badaeva, X. Li, “Tunable Mid-Gap Excitations in Co2+-doped ZnO Quantum Dots: Effect of Excited State Structural Relaxation” J. Phys. Chem. C, 2014, 118, 13152.
- B. Peng, J. W. May, D. R. Gamelin, X. Li, “Effects of Crystallographic and Shape Anisotropies on Dopant-Carrier Exchange Interactions in Magnetic Semiconductor Quantum Dots,” J. Phys. Chem. C, 2014, 118, 7630.
- L. R. Bradshaw, J. W. May, J. L. Dempsey, X. Li, D. R. Gamelin, “Ferromagnetic excited-state Mn2+ dimers in Zn1-xMnxSe quantum dots observed by time-resolved magnetophotoluminescence,” Phys. Rev. B, 2014, 89, 115312.
- D. B. Lingerfelt, S. A. Fischer, J. W. May, X. Li, “Dynamical Investigations of Inhomogenous Vibrational Broadening in Diluted Magnetic Semiconductor Nanocrystals,” J. Phys. Chem. C, 2014, 118, 3266-3273.
- J. W. May, J. D. Lehner, M. J. Frisch, X. Li, “Transition State Search using a Guided Direct Inversion in the Iterative Subspace Method,” J. Chem. Theory Comput., 2012, 8, 5175.
- J. W. May, R. J. McMorris, X. Li, “Ferromagnetism in p-Type Manganese-Doped Zinc Oxide Quantum Dots,” J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 2012, 3, 1374.
- R. Beaulac, Y. Feng, J. W. May, E. Badaeva, D. R. Gamelin, X. Li, “Orbital pathways for Mn2+-carrier sp—d exchange in diluted magnetic semiconductor quantum dots,” Phys. Rev. B, 2011, 84, 195324.
- E. Badaeva, J. W. May, J. Ma, D. R. Gamelin, X. Li, “Characterization of Excited-state Magnetic Exchange in Mn2+-doped ZnO Quantum Dots using Time-Dependent Density Functional Theory,” J. Phys. Chem. C, 2011, 115, 20986.