HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Sexual Assault & Relationship Violence
Health & Wellness offers confidential advocacy and support for students impacted by sexual assault, relationship violence, stalking, sexual harassment and other related experiences. A Health & Wellness Advocate is available to meet with students and help them understand their rights and options for reporting both on campus and in the larger community as well as assist with connecting to resources, academic advocacy, and safety planning. Health & Wellness is safe and confidential starting point for University of Washington students affected by these issues.
To make an appointment with a Health & Wellness Advocate: email email@example.com
In a meeting with the advocate, you can expect to:
- Share as much or as little information as you would like to share.
- Learn about common reactions to sexual assault, relationship violence, stalking, sexual harassment, trauma and other experiences.
- Discuss resources for medical care.
- Learn about your rights and reporting options.
- Discuss making a report to the University through Community Standards and Student Conduct. The advocate is available to help support you through this process if you wish.
- Discuss making a report to the police. If you want to move forward, the advocate can help you with this process.
- Discuss how you can take care of yourself & heal through counseling options, accommodations, stress reduction techniques, support groups and/or other resources.
- Make a safety plan.
- Learn about protection orders.
- Discuss how this may have affected school and how the advocate can help by working with your professors.
- Learn about other resources in the community and at UW.
- Make a holistic plan for managing and reducing the impact of this experience here at UW.
You can make an appointment with the Health & Wellness Advocate by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 206.543-.6085 during business hours.
Thank you to the Daily, Double Shot for bringing this powerful story of a UW student to light (video below). If you or a friend have experienced something similar, H&W is here to support you. We will help you understand your options and let you decide on next steps. You are not alone.
Health & Wellness is committed to promoting respect, the understanding and appreciation of differences and the constructive expression of ideas. Health & Wellness provides services to all students with respect to their identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability or socioeconomic status.