Survivor Support & Advocacy
What We Do
The Livewell Student Advocate provides a safe and confidential space to help students identify what they want or need after an incident of sexual assault, relationship violence, stalking or sexual harassment has occurred.
We help students understand what their rights and options are including what options they have for reporting both on campus and in the larger community, always with the understanding that it is up to the student to decide if they would like to report or not.
Why Make an Appointment or Referral?
- To learn about common reactions to sexual assault, relationship violence, stalking, sexual harassment and trauma
- Learn about your rights and reporting options
- Discuss how the incident may be impacting your academic experience and how we can help by working with your professors/courses
- Discuss what happens when you make a report to the University through Title IX
- Discuss how to make a report to the police
- Make a safety plan
- Learn about protection orders
- Get connected to specialized trauma-informed therapy