Do you have questions about the potential effects of alcohol and other drugs? Are you concerned about a friend or family member who is using these substances? The following resources are available for students on campus and/or are great local resources for information.
For recovery resources and treatment options, please see our “In Recovery or Seeking Treatment” page.
Center for the Study of Health and Risk Behaviors (CSHRB)
CSHRB’s mission is to eradicate the harm caused by engagement in a variety of health risk behaviors through the development and implementation of novel prevention and treatment approaches.
A review of current projects can be found at http://depts.washington.edu/cshrb/projects/current-projects/
University of Washington
401 Schmitz, Box 355830
Seattle, WA 98195
- Counseling is available for students who need to resolve personal issues and to cope with stressors before they lead to the abuse of alcohol and other drugs.
- Referrals are made for those students who are in need of long-term treatment.
Hall Health Primary Care Center
- The Center provides outpatient health and medical care for students enrolled at the University and their families, as well as faculty, staff and the community.
- One office visit per quarter is free for currently enrolled students; most major medical insurance plans are accepted for care provided to others.
- The Wellness Resource Center in the Health Education Department provides information, educational materials and workshops on moderate and responsible use of alcohol and other drugs, and tobacco cessation counseling programs.
- The mental health clinic provides referral for alcohol- and other drug-abuse problems, therapy for a variety of personal concerns, and medications management.
UW CareLink – Faculty & Staff Assistance Program
OTHER LOCAL RESOURCES
Alcohol & Drug Abuse Institute (ADAI) Clearinghouse
- Resource center serving the residents of Washington state
- Assistance in prevention & alcohol/drug information programs
- Free materials for students and the public (brochures, posters, booklets)
- Video lending library
Learn About Marijuana
Science-based information for the public
24-hour toll free number: 866.4CRISIS or 866.427.4747
TTY/TDD number: 206.461.3219
Washington Information Network
Or, call 2-1-1