HEALTH AND WELLNESS
It’s On Us
It’s On Us UW aims to empower all students, staff, and faculty to create a community truly resilient against sexual violence.
Please visit our Facebook Page for our latest updates/events!
What is It’s On Us?
It’s On Us is a national campus sexual assault awareness campaign. Launched in 2014, It’s On Us tackles the issue of sexual assault head on by empowering college campuses to speak out, be active, and recognize that it is on all of us to prevent sexual assault and rape culture.
Why is It’s On Us coming to the UW campus?
Sexual assault is a pervasive problem in Universities across the nation– and the UW campus is no different. We have three intended goals based on campus climate results from last year:
- Increase student awareness of resources related to sexual violence support on campus
- Increase student’s awareness of the Health and Wellness Advocate’s services
- Increase participation at events and programs related to sexual violence prevention & awareness
We are reframing sexual assault in a way that inspires everyone to see it as their responsibility to do something, big and small, to prevent it. We are asking everyone to create an environment– be it in a dorm room, at a party, in a club or a sports team, or in the greater college community – where sexual assault is unacceptable and survivors are supported.
Now it's on YOU...how can you get involved?
- RSO's, student groups, Staff Departments: Let us know if you’d like to get involved. Email ItsOnUs@uw.edu and schedule a 15 minute presentation on sexual assault resources and how to get involved with the It's On Us Campaign.
- Take the It’s On Us UW pledge!
- Like our Facebook Page to stay informed on our events and progress!
- Join us at It’s On Us sponsored events! (SARVA Month in April, PHE Events throughout the year)
- Learn tips for being an active bystander and recognizing acts of violence by attending a Bystander Training! (Next student training is in Winter Quarter)
- If you’re Greek: participate in Greeks Take Action.
- Use the hashtag #ItsOnUsUW to spread the It's On Us word.
- Add It's On Us photos, logos, and graphics to your Facebook, Twitter, and other social media profiles!