HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Workshop Request Form
Thank you for your interest in a PHE workshop!
We are excited to work with you to increase student access to evidence-based health knowledge. Before submitting, please review our request policy, outlined below. If you would like more information about the workshops we currently offer, please visit our FAQ page.
Workshop Request Terms & Conditions
Updated: October 10, 2018
- All requests must be submitted at least one week in advance.
- All requests must be sent through our Typeform system.
- All requests are considered tentative until confirmed via email.
- The requesting group is responsible for providing the space and technology needed for a workshop:
- The space must be large enough to comfortably accommodate all participants. It needs a place to project our visual aids—projection screens and white walls work equally well. Typically, presentations are held in the group's normal meeting space or a classroom on campus. To reserve a classroom online, visit the UW Libraries online room reservation webpage.
- We require requesting groups to provide a projector. The PHEs can bring a computer and HDMI/VGA adapters. Projectors, as well as mobile projection screens, can be checked out for free from the Student Technology Fund’s Equipment Loan presentation. To reserve a projector, visit the STF online reservation website.
- Workshops are more fun when people participate. Please do not schedule a workshop concurrently with other group programming, such as meals or meetings.
- The workshops are designed for a group of at least ten participants. If your group is smaller than ten, and you would still like to request, please email Maya at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please give at least two days notice if you need to cancel or reschedule a workshop.
We thank you in advance for your contributions to organizing a successful workshop! If you have any questions, please email Maya at email@example.com
CURRENT WORKSHOPS FOR 2017-18
PHE: Let’s Talk About Mental Health 1hr 30 min version or 50 min version by request
This workshop is great for students wanting a peer perspective on mental health. This workshop aims to reduce stigma, promote strategies on how to support others, and offer information about on-campus resources and supports. Topics include stress management, suicide prevention, and self-care. Workshop led by Peer Health Educators trained by H&W.
REQUEST THIS TRAINING HERE !