Health and Wellness
Green Dot is a movement, a program, and an action. The aim of Green Dot is to prevent and reduce power-based violence at UW by engaging students as active bystanders who step in, speak up, and interrupt potential acts of violence. The Green Dot movement is about gaining a critical mass of students, staff and faculty who are willing to do their small part to actively and visibly reduce power-based personal violence at UW.
No one has to do everything, but everyone has to do something.
Green Dot is your individual choice to do something.
Interested? Continue scrolling down to learn about the movement spreading across our campus.
Be a Green Dot
Green Dot is all about choices big and small that in the end create a culture less tolerant of violence. Look through the list below to find choices and Green Dots you are comfortable with.
- Speak up when you hear a victim-blaming statement
- Volunteer with organizations that help survivors of violence
- Make sure a friend who is drunk gets home safely
- Read the rest of this list
- Follow up with friends who are going through a rough time
- Learn the signs of unhealthy relationships
- Challenge jokes that minimize violence
- Call 911 when you see a potentially scary situation
- Challenge Red Dots
- Do what you feel comfortable doing to reduce violence on campus
- Learn warning signs of abusive relationships
- Refer your friends to resources when they need help
- Leave a party with the friends you came with
- Wear a Green Dot pin
- Stop using language that supports Power-Based Violence
- Support survivors of sexual assault
- Share this website with your friends
- Talk with friends and family about their important role as a bystander
- Attend a Green Dot overview presentation with your FIG, Residence Hall, Chapter House, or Student Group
- Invite Green Dot to present an overview to a group you are involved in.
- Follow Green Dot on Facebook and Twitter or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend a Bystander Training
Attend a Bystander Training
The best way to get involved with Green Dot and maximize your impact as an active bystander is to attend our quarterly Green Dot Bystander Training. The training is free, catered, and great for resumes. At this training you will learn the skills of being an active bystander, examine your own barriers to taking action, and ultimately gain the ability to intervene early on in situations that could lead to violence.
We are excited to announce the date for our Fall Bystander Training, November 15th! In order to register for this event, or more info, click here.
Email email@example.com if you have any questions!
Green Dot Program Assistant