If you cannot play a media on the LLC Online Language Resource page, please:
1. Try different browsers such as firefox and I.E.
2. Update the Java browser plugin on your computer
3. OR work on a UW computer on campus.
If the above do not solve your problem, please consult the information below.
The plugin container for Firefox must be let through Windows Firewall.
Open Control Panel\Windows Firewall\Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall
1. Click on Change Settings
2. Click on Allow another program
3. Select Browse
4. Browse to C>Program Files>Mozilla Firefox
5. Select "plugin-container" to let it through the Firewall
Enable or disable QuickTime plug-in
The QuickTime plug-in is enabled by default after you’ve restarted Chrome. You can enable or disable the plug-in atchrome:plugins.
1. Type chrome:plugins in the address bar.
2. Find QuickTime:
3. Click Disable to stop the plug-in from running.
4. Click Enable to re-enable the plug-in.
1/4/2011 note to iOS users (iPad, iPhone): The LLC's streaming media uses QTSS/RTSP (including port 80). This format is not compatible with the iOS. Long term strategy is to look at HTML5 for streaming media. The LLC recommends using Windows and OS X desktop operating systems for access to our existing materials. The LLC has several drop in labs for student use for those without a computer, or who need computer access while on campus.
If the streaming portion of the test fails, try the following (to see is non-streaming audio works).
To determine if the custom controller used is causing problems, click on the following Play Now
The file is only a couple seconds long.