This page is no longer supported.
Please visit: our new resources page
Note: some of the labels are in Czech, which you will soon learn. In the meantime, here is what you have to do:
1. Click on "Začněte," which means "Begin."
2. At "Step 1. Výberte si úkol," select a chapter or list of words from the drop-down menu.
3. At "Step 2. Jazyk presentace," click a radio button to select Czech-English or English-Czech as the order the words will appear.
4. At "Step 3. Typ zkoušky," select the type of quiz or activity you prefer: flashcards or multiple choice.
5. "Začátek" will launch the quiz.
6. "Hlavní menu" will take you back to the main menu at any time you wish.
You can take the quizzes as many times as you like. Scores given for the multiple-choice quizzes are for your reference only. Note: a variety of Czech words is used to indicate correct and incorrect answers. You may choose to learn these naturally as you go along. In this case, World Capitals is a good unit to begin with, since so many of their names are similar, so you will know when the program is telling you "right" or "wrong." If you want to know right away what these words mean, you can select the unit titled "Correct and Incorrect" and work through it in flashcard mode. Have fun!