Facilities & Equipment
LUTE facilities can support a wide range of research methods used across the human centered design process, including focus groups, interviews, card sorts, paper prototyping, usability testing, and eye tracking.
- Conference room with large table seating 10-15 participants, digital projector, white boards, cameras, and microphone.
- Testing room with participant computer, printer, camera, and microphones.
- Observation area with video feed from conference room and testing room.
- Digital video suite for end-to-end data capture and analysis, including computer screen capture and picture-in-picture capabilities.
- Tobii Eye-tracking system for recording eye movements (gaze location and fixations).*
- Video Post-Processing Workstation with an external hard-drive, printer/scanner, and a 23" lcd screen.*
- Data Analysis:
- NVivo 8*
- Tableau 3.1*
- Video Capture and editing:
- Camtasia Studio 6*
- Roxio Creator
- Eye tracking:
- Tobii Studio*
- Tobii SDK*
- Adobe CS4 Design Premium - Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop, Fireworks, and Acrobat 9.*
- Microsoft Office 2007 and 2008.
LUTE Portable Lab:
- Two Panasonic Toughbooks*
- Logitec Quickcam*
- Netgear ProSafe 5-port Gigabit Desktop Switch 10/100/1000Mbps*
- TechSmith lapel microphone and accessories*
- Logitech io2 Digital writing system*
- QuickLink-Pen Elite*
- GE E850 8 mega pixel digital camera*
- Canon FS11 Digital Video Camcorder*
- Acrobat Reader 9
- Office 2007
- InterVideo WinDVD
- Windows Movie Maker
* Equipment purchased through Student Technology Fee funding.