Reserving LUTE: Non-Students
UW Faculty, Staff, and Researchers
Faculty at UW can include LUTE in their research or usability study plans. The laboratory and equipment are available for rental, and LUTE can provide or recommend research personnel and usability specialists for your project. For information about rental procedures, rental rates, and graduate research assistant pay rates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . Students on funded research projects who wish to use LUTE facilities must seek approval from their supervisor to use their research budget to pay for LUTE rental fees.
LUTE is able to support a limited number of pilot projects per year at reduced cost or without payment.
To reserve time in LUTE or to check out LUTE equipment you will need to:
- Email a brief description of your project and proposed use of LUTE to email@example.com
- Once our project is approved, the LUTE RA will contact you and ask that you fill out a Request for Reserving LUTE form. Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to indicate your preferred times for reserving LUTE in the form and you in your email. Human subjects approval requirements may apply to your project.
- If you have not used LUTE before, the LUTE RA will contact you to set up a tutorial session and arrange for you to receive a door code.
- The LUTE RA will schedule your project on the LUTE calendar. You will receive an email confirming your reservation or asking for additional availability times.
- If you need to take equipment out of the lab, you will need to fill out an Equipment Check-out Form.
Please report any problems with the equipment to email@example.com.