[print pdf 48kb]
HOW MUCH DO YOU KNOW ABOUT HIV/AIDS
Circle the correct answers. One answer per question.
- Young people under 25 represent what percentage of all new HIV infections in the US?
- T or F: HIV is an incurable disease spread mainly by unprotected sex or by sharing needles with someone who has the infection.
- T or F: Young Americans between the ages of 13 and 25 are contracting HIV at the rate of 2 per hour.
- HIV is not present in……..
- semen and vaginal secretions
- the air that you breathe
- breast milk
- You can become infected with HIV by…….
- sharing utensils or drinking glasses with someone with
- using the same toilet seat as an HIV-positive person
- hugging someone with HIV
- being bitten by a mosquito
- none of the above
- Which does not help to reduce the risk of
- using a latex condom or female condom
- using the “Pill,” diaphragm, or other birth control methods
- all of the above help to reduce transmission
- If you are infected with HIV, you might show
- within a few months
- within a year
- in 10 or more years
- any of the above
- T or F: New HIV/AIDS drug treatments have lowered the number of AIDS-related deaths in the US and enabled people with HIV to live longer.
- T or F: There are medicines for HIV-positive pregnant
women that can greatly decrease the chances of transmitting
HIV to their babies.
- T or F: Only drug users and gay men need to worry about becoming infected with HIV.
ANSWERS: I D; 2 T; 3 T; 4 B; 5 E; 6 B; 7 D; 8 T; 9 T; 10 F
[Top of Page]