The following resources are available at Madison clinic for substance abuse.
Pharmacologic Treatment of Addiction [ppt 2.1MB] by Joe Merrill and Joey Merrifield
- buprenorphine (Suboxone) - A combination of buprenorphine and naloxone.
- buprenorphine can only be prescribed by providers who have been certified to treat opioid dependence.
- Madison Providers:
- Joe Merrill, MD
- Bob Harrington, MD
- Please refer any of your potential patients to these prescribers. Details can be found in the Madison Clinic Pharmacy.
- HMC Addictions Program Suboxone Track [link]
- Products available to Madison Clinic Patients:
- varenicline (Chantix)
- bupropion (IR, SR)
- nicotine patches (7mg, 14mg, 21mg)
- nicotine gum
- Madison patients can be referred to the Smoking Cessation program through the Madison Clinic Pharmacy (Ji Lee, PharmD and Anita Shah, PharmD). Appointments may be scheduled.
- All smoking cessation products are availalbe for a $5 copay for a two weeks supply for patients who attend smoking cessation class. Patients with private insurance may have these medications covered under their respective plans and may opt to pay their full copay without attending class. In order to acheive optimal success class attendance and counseling is encouraged.
- Products available at Madison Clinic:
- disulfiram (Antabuse)
- acamprosate (Campral)
- Please contact the pharmacy for questions about medication coverage. Payment for medications will vary between insurance plans.
*Adobe Acrobat Reader is required for viewing or printing PDFs. Acrobat Reader is available free of charge from the Adobe website at http://www.adobe.com/prodindex/acrobat/readstep.html