Please read your instructions carefully (linked below) and please attend the rehearsal. We suggest that you print your instructions and bring them with you to the rehearsal and on Commencement Day. Each marshal group will have a team captain who will be available at the rehearsal and on Commencement Day to answer questions regarding these instructions.
Special note: West End marshals will process with the other faculty at the beginning of the ceremony. They will line up just in back of the faculty. Please be in line (south lineup area on the Outdoor Practice Field. See Marshal Lineup and Faculty Lineup Charts below) by 1:00 p.m. You will follow the faculty to the west end of the stadium, take your marshal position, and await the arrival of the various candidates.
On Commencement Day, all marshals need to check in at the Touchdown Terrace, which is located at the east end of Husky Stadium. You can get there via the northeast or southeast access roads (see the Location Map). Enter under the sign that says "Faculty/Disabled Student Entrance."
If you have any additional questions please contact our office.
The following items will be mailed to you:
- Instructions & Diagrams
- Marshal Lineup Chart SE
- Faculty Lineup Chart SE
- Location Map
- Copy of Ritual Time Schedule
- Parking Pass (if requested)
- Guest Tickets (if requested
To do on Commencement Day:
Further information on ceremony procedures, parking, guest tickets, and apparel can be found on the faculty page.
- Wear your academic apparel or change in the Touchdown Terrace.
- Bring ID for gaining entrance to the stadium or lining up areas.
- Commencement Marshals are requested to check in at the Touchdown Terrace at Husky Stadium beginning at 11:00 a.m. but no later than 12:00 p.m. This will give us time to find replacements in the event of an emergency. A brunch will be served. Office of Ceremonies staff will remain on site during the ceremony and for 30 minutes following the conclusion of the ceremony.
- Following the brunch, go to your line up area position.