MCH Research Festival 2018
Thursday, June 7, 2018
South Campus Center, Room 316
Friends, family, and colleagues are invited to the annual MCH Research Festival. Graduates discuss their thesis research, certificate students present their capstone projects, and first-year students present posters of their Spring Projects.
Poster Due: TBA
This project is an opportunity for you to engage in MCH-related descriptive, evaluation, or analysis work and present it during the annual MCH Research Festival in June. You may choose to do one of the following projects:
- Descriptive or Evaluation Project: Identify the service goals of an organization or agency, the methods of service delivery, the assumptions or theories of change that are implied or explicit about how and why the program works, and the results. You can use multiple sources of information such as interviews with key informants, direct observation of the program in action, formal and informal presentations, and/or existing scholarly publications.
- Data Analysis Project: Perform a qualitative or quantitative analysis of a specific, focused MCH-related question or problem using an existing data source such as birth certificates, hospital discharge data, or local, state or national data sources related to reproductive, perinatal, child, or adolescent public health.
- For project ideas that do not fall under these categories, discuss with advisor and/or Daniel.
- Identify your topic. Speak with your MCH Faculty Advisor and/or with Daniel about the content of your poster project. One possibility is working with the obstetrical outcomes data. Read more about this opportunity.
- Design your poster. See links to templates and sample posters below:
- Upload your poster to the printer and email it to Malka by TBA. We will cover the cost of the poster printing if you use UW Posters. (We recommend you convert your poster to PDF before you upload to the printer or you may lose formatting.)
- Go to uwposters.com
- Choose Order Posters
- Scroll down and select Protected Group Order | MCH Research Festival 2018
- Enter password "mchres18"
- Click Choose File to upload your poster (the dimenstion, materials, and lamination are pre-set, pease don't change them as it will alter the cost)
- UW Posters will email you when your poster is ready for pick up. It is your responsibility to pick up the poster and drop it off at the MCH office in F-351
- Email a PDF of your poster to Malka the same day at email@example.com
- Plan to be available during the Festival on June 7 from 1:30-4:30pm. You will present your poster, answer questions, and discuss your project.
At the Research Festival your thesis abstracts will be included in a printed booklet and you will present your thesis to an audience via a PowerPoint presentation.
Due: May 21
Word Limit: 350 words
See more guidelines for formatting your abstract
Email your thesis abstract to Malka at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 21, 2018 so it can be included in the printed Research Festival booklet.
Thesis Presentation Slides
Due: June 1
Time Limit: 15 minutes, includes Q&A
Read more about presenting your thesis to an audience
Email your PowerPoint slides to Malka at email@example.com by June 1, 2018.