The following sites maintain updated lists of jobs specific to maternal and child health, public health, or epidemiology:
- Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs (AMCHP) Career Center and Job Board
- UW School of Public Health Job Board
- Association of Schools & Program of Public Health (ASPPH) Job Listings
- Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists (CSTE) Jobs
- National Institute for Children's Health Quality - Job Opportunities
Fellowships, Teaching & Research Assistantships
Research assistant positions can help cover tuition, health insurance, and provide a small salary.
Teaching assistantships (TA) positions for PhD and master's students are listed on the Epidemiology and Health Services websites. Some students also find TA positions outside the School of Public Health, in departments such as Biology and Statistics.
Maternal and Child Health Bureau Trainee Ambassador Group (TAG)
Conceptualize, develop, and lead efforts to facilitate trainee connections via activities such as a mentoring program, trainee forums, and collaborative research projects.
Application Due: passed, typically through October
Duration: 12 months (2-4 hours a month)
Making Life Long Connections
This two-day event lets you engage with current and former students from MCHB-funded training projects and helps you develop valuable leadership, networking, and presentation skills. You can also join their Facebook group: Making Lifelong Connections for MCH Trainees.
Applications Accepted: through January 22, 2019
Location: Madison, WI
Dates: April 3-5, 2019