Your application for the EMCHS program will have two parts. Begin with the UW Graduate School process and then follow up with supplemental materials sent directly to MEDEX Northwest.
UW Graduate School Application
Submit your application electronically to the UW Graduate School.
To complete the online Graduate School Application, you will need to create a new applicant profile, select your application type (graduate student), and choose “Extended Master of Clinical Health Services” as the graduate program.
There is a nonrefundable application fee of $75 that is not credited against any other fees charged by the UW. We will review your application once the fee is received.
As part of the Graduate School application process, you must supply basic demographic information including prior education, a personal statement, and a copy of your curriculum vitæ.
After completing the Graduate School Application, print a copy and sign it. This will be part of your supplemental application materials.
EMCHS Required Supplemental Application Materials
In addition to the signed Graduate School Application, you will also submit to MEDEX the following supplemental materials.
- The signed copy of your UW Graduate School application
- An official copy of your transcript from the college or university where you earned your highest degree
- Verification of current PA certification (this can be obtained from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- An official letter of support from your current employer specifying that you will be allowed time off to participate in the program. If you become employed prior to enrollment or during the program, you must submit a letter of support to MEDEX Northwest.
- If you are not currently employed, you will not need to submit a letter of support.
Please discuss with your employer the potential need for reasonable study time during the year. (Full-time employees have completed this program; however the dual time commitment may become challenging for PAs working extended hours.)
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
If required, submit TOEFL scores with your application. See UW Graduate School English Language Proficiency Requirements for more details.
Important note: All of the above application materials must be received before the admissions committee will review your application. The materials are due on or before 5 p.m. on March 15.
Application Extension! The 2014 application deadline has been extended until May 15th. Please submit your application and return all application materials on or before that date.
Attn: Mariah Kindle, Admissions Program Coordinator
4311 11th Ave NE, Ste 200
Campus Box 354980
Seattle, WA 98105