Mentor Power for Success

Samson Onevathana

Mechanical Engineering

Senior

If you could travel anywhere in the world (or out) where would you go and why?

I would go to the Bahamas for a relaxing vacation. Who wouldn’t want to be lazy on a beautiful island with no worries?

Where is your favorite place to eat on the AVE? Why?

I like to eat at Yummy Bites because they make good chicken teriyaki which I usually get. It’s also nice to go there when I don’t feel like eating pho next door at Pho Thy Thy since I eat there with friends at least once a week.

Favorite TV show/movie/music?

2010: Two and a Half Men / Inception / Eminem – Recovery

Where is your favorite place to study on campus?

Odegaard

Favorite food or ethnic cuisine?

Spicy chicken teriyaki

What are you involved with on campus?

UW Wrestling, UW Formula Society of Automotive Engineers

If you could have dinner with two people (dead or alive) who would they be and why?

I would eat dinner with Dale Carnegie and Stephen Hawking. Dale Carnegie was a writer and lecturer of developing communication, people, leadership, and self-improvement skills. Stephen Hawking is a genious in the field of theoretical physics. It would be an awesome experience to learn how these two think and their memorable experiences.

What is one thing you’re most proud of?

I am proud of developing an open mind over the past few years. Personal growth is definitely one of the most rewarding things in life.

If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?

I would take my family and close friends on a vacation, pay off all my family loans, invest, and buy toys.

Things I wish I knew my 1st year at UW

I wish I knew to talk to an adviser asap to plan the courses I needed to take. I wouldn’t have to cram my classes during my senior year.

Comments

Powered by Olark