Start: Wed June 25 1pm-5pm
End: Fri June 27 8am-2pm
University of Washington
YOU and MESA colleagues around the state
Practical, effective, and fun teaching strategies in STEM education. Teachers will receive all relevant classroom resource materials.
Workshop Topics Include
- Connecting the dots…Computer Science in the project-based classroom
- Learn how to use computer software to create 3D models
- Design and build a mobile phone application
- Facilitating cultural sensitivity in a diverse classroom
Registration must be completed by May 15, 2014 to ensure your place. You will receive notification of aceeptance by June 1, 2014 via email. There are two components to the application, both available here: Online registration form.
Send Your Applications Via email, fax or mail to:
Phyllis Harvey-Buschel Ed. D,
Fax: 206 508 3546
Mail: Attn. MESA Summer Academy Office of Minority Affairs & Diversity
394 Schmitz Hall, Box 355845
1410 NE Campus Parkway
Seattle WA, 98195-5845
The Fine Print:
- Workshop tuition and accomodations are presented at no cost to MESA Teachers. Participants with documentation will be reimbursed for mileage to attend the workshop.
- You will be required to submit a $50 fee at the time of registration that will be refunded after completion of the workshop.
- Upon completion of the workshop Washington MESA will provide participants with 15 clock hours and a stipend of $240/day
- This workshop will be followed up with center seminars during the school year based on your feedback. Follow up sessions will be designed around your students’ needs and classroom experiences.
The full flyer can be accessed here: Teachers Summer Academy TPD