Portland Public Schools (PPS) is the largest school district in Oregon, serving 47,000 students in 85 regular school buildings, as well as alternative schools and specialized programs for students with special needs. We are a diverse school district with over 94 languages spoken and 47% diversity within our student population.
If you believe every child deserves a great education, every child deserves a great teacher, and every teacher deserves to be inspired by a great leader then Portland Public Schools is the place for you!
Portland Public Schools is looking for qualified, experienced educators who are passionate about teaching and excited about making an impact in a student’s life. Experience working in a richly diverse school community/environment preferred.
As a teacher in the District you will enjoy:
- Paid Holidays
- $1500 in Professional Development Funds
- Collaborative work environment
- Teacher Mentor Opportunities
- 192 day work year (paid 10 or 12 months)
- Participation in Professional Learning Communities (PLC’s)
- Comprehensive benefits package (District pays 93% of health insurance costs) including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, flexible spending account, 403(b), PERS retirement plan, sick leave, bereavement leave, and more!
- $1500 per school year added to salary for those that receive and retain National Board Certification.
- $1500 per school year added to salary for those with a doctorate degree in a field related to their assignment.
Candidates must hold a valid Oregon teaching license. Master’s degree preferred. Some positions may require demonstrated bilingual/bi-literate proficiency in a language other than English.
To learn more about educator job opportunities and apply to open positions please visit our website and complete the online “certified” application.
Please feel free to contact our Human Resources department at (503) 916-3544 with any questions.
Please check out our website for information on the Portland Public Schools Recruitment Fair on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the Marshall HS Campus (3905 SE 91st Ave. Portland, OR 97266).
Download the flyer here: PPS Recruitment-Flyer