Core Values of the Programs in Health Services Administration
- Balancing community health improvement and organizational priorities to improve community, family, and individual health within evolving cultural, demographic and policy contexts.
- Developing and maintaining relevant, effective, safe and systemically integrated programs that support health improvement and social responsibility within a community context.
- Achieving excellence in clinical services within effective health care enterprises and through development of superior management skills, including:
- Excellence in problem-solving, decision-making and execution
- Appropriate and timely introduction of organizational change and technological innovation
- Commitment to continuous process and program improvement
- Commitment to effective workforce motivation and management
- Commitment to excellence in operational management and systems integration
- Strategy management skills achieving stakeholder accountabilities as well as creating and maintaining competitive advantage
- Demanding intellectual rigor while demonstrating organizational leadership, an orientation toward action, and an ability to integrate paradigm, theory and evidence.
- Achieving an effective integration of cognitive, affective and experiential learning within an overall systemic and transformational leadership context.
- Valuing diversity.
- Supporting lifelong learning goals that incorporate didactic and experiential learning.
- Demonstrating integrity.