- NMR Facility
- About Us
Daniel Raftery, PhD
- A.B.:Harvard College, 1984
- Visiting Scientist: CERN, Geneva Switzerland, 1985
- Ph.D.: University of California, Berkeley, 1991
- Postdoctoral Scientist: University of Pennsylvania 1992-94
Positions and Employment
- 2012 Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine University of Washington;
- 2012 Adjunct Professor, Department of Chemistry University of Washington
- 2012 Member, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- 2012 Director, NORC Metabolomics Sub-Core Facility
- 2006 Chief Scientific Officer, Matrix-Bio, Inc.
- 2004 Professor of Chemistry, Purdue University
- 2000 Associate Professor of Chemistry, Purdue University
- 1994 Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Purdue University
- 2011 Purdue School of Science Engagement Award
- 1999 Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellow
- 1997 Research Corporation Cottrell Scholars Award
- 1987 Chateaubriand International Research Scholarship
- 1982 Harvard College Scholarship
- Metabolite profiling, methods development and applications
- Disease diagnostics development and systems biology research
- NMR spectroscopy and mass spectrometry
- J. Zhang, J. Bowers, L. Liu, S. Wei, G.A. Nagana Gowda, Z. Hammoud, and D. Raftery,“Esophageal Cancer Metabolite Biomarkers Detected by LC-MS and NMR Methods,” PLoS ONE, e301181 (2012).
- H. Gu, Z. Pan, B. Xi, V. Asiago, B. Musselman, and D. Raftery, “Principal Component Directed Partial Least Squares Analysis for Combining NMR and MS Data in Metabolomics: Application to the Detection of Breast Cancer,” Anal. Chim. Acta 57-63 (2011).
- V. Asiago, L. Alvarado, N. Shanaiah, K. Owusu-Sarfo, G. A. Nagana Gowda, R. Ballas, and D. Raftery, “Early Detection of Recurrent Breast Cancer Using Metabolite Profiling,” Cancer Res. 8309-8318 (2010).
- D. Djukovic, H. R.Baniasadi, R. Kc, Z. Hammoud, and D. Raftery, “Targeted Serum Metabolite Profiling of Nucleosides in Esophageal Adenocarcinoma,” Rapid Comm. Mass Spectrom. 3057-62 (2010).
- G. A. Nagana Gowda, F. Tayyari, T. Ye, Y. Suryani, S. Wei, N. Shanaiah and D, Raftery, “Quantitative Analysis of Blood Plasma Metabolites Using Isotope Enhanced NMR Methods,” Anal. Chem. 8983-90 (2010).
- S. Zhang, G. A. N. Gowda, V. Asiago, N. Shanaiah, C. Barbas, and D. Raftery, “Correlative and quantitative 1H NMR-based metabolomics reveals specific metabolic pathway disturbances in diabetic rats,” Anal. Biochem. 383, 76-84 (2008).
- G. A. N. Gowda, S. Zhang, H. Gu, V. Asiago, N. Shanaiah and D. Raftery, "Metabolomics-Based Methods for Early Disease Diagnostics: A Review,"Expert Rev. Mol. Diagnos., 8(5):617-33 (2008).
Mitochondria and Metabolism Center
850 Republican St, Room S148
University of Washington, Box 358057
Seattle, WA 98109-8057