- NMR Facility
- About Us
Daniel Raftery, PhD
- A.B.:Harvard College, 1984
- Visiting Scientist: CERN, Geneva Switzerland, 1985
- Ph.D.: University of California, Berkeley, 1991
- Postdoctoral Scientist: University of Pennsylvania 1992-94
Positions and Employment
- 1994-2000 Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Purdue University
- 2000-2004 Associate Professor of Chemistry, Purdue University
- 2004-2012 Professor of Chemistry, Purdue University
- 2006 Chief Scientific Officer, Matrix-Bio, Inc.
2012 Dept. of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, University of Washington
Adjunct Professor, Department of Chemistry, University of Washington,
Member, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center,
Director, NORC Metabolomics Sub-Core Facility
- 1982-84 Harvard College Scholarship
- 1987-88 Chateaubriand International Research Scholarship
- 1997-99 Research Corporation Cottrell Scholars Award
- 1999-01 Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellow
- 2011 Purdue School of Science Engagement Award
- Metabolite profiling, methods development and applications
- Disease diagnostics development and systems biology research
- NMR spectroscopy and mass spectrometry
- Raftery, ed., Mass Spectrometry in Metabolomics: Methods and Protocols, Methods in Molecular Biology, Vol. 1198. Humana Press/Springer Science. (2014). ISBN 978-1-4939-1257-5.
- J. Zhu, D. Djukovic, L. Deng, H. Gu, F. Himmati, E.G. Chiorean, D. Raftery, “Colorectal Cancer Detection using Targeted Serum Metabolic Profiling,” J. Prot Res. 13, 4120-30 (2014).
- G.A. Nagana Gowda, Y.N. Gowda, D. Raftery, “Expanding the Limits of Human Blood Metabolite Quantitation using NMR Spectroscopy,” Anal. Chem.in press.
- P. Carroll, D. Diolaiti, L. McFerrin, H. Gu, D. Djukovic, D. Du, P.F. Cheng, S. Anderson, M. Ulrich, J.B. Hurley, D. Raftery, D.E. Ayer, R.N. Eisenman, “Deregulated Myc Requires MondoA/Mlx for Metabolic Reprogramming and Tumorigenesis,” Cancer Cell, in press.
- D.F. Dai, P.P. Karunadharma, Y.A. Chiao, N. Basisty, D. Crispin E.J. Hsieh, T. Chen, H. Gu, D. Djukovic, D. Raftery, R.P. Beyer, M.J. MacCoss, P.S. Rabinovitch, “Altered Proteome Turnover and Remodeling by Subacute Caloric Restriction and Rapamycin Rejuvenate the Aging Heart,” Aging Cell 13, 529-539 (2014).
- H. Baniasadi, G. A. Gowda, H. Gu, A. Zeng, S. Zhuang, N. Skill, M. Maluccio, D. Raftery, “Targeted Metabolic Profiling of Hepatocellular Carcinoma and Hepatitis C using LC-MS/MS, Electrophesis 34, 2910-7 (2013).
- F. Tayyari, G. A. Nagana Gowda, H. Gu, D. Raftery, “15N-Cholamine – A Smart Isotope Tag for Combining NMR- and MS-Based Metabolite Profiling,” Anal. Chem. 85, 8715-8721 (2013).
- H. Gu, G. A. Nagana Gowda, F. Carnevale Neto, M. R. Opp, D. Raftery, “RAMSY: Ratio Analysis of Mass Spectrometry to Improve Compound Identification,” Anal. Chem. 85, 10771-10779 (2013).
- J. Zhang, J. Bowers, L. Liu, S. Wei, G.A. Naga Gowda, Z. Hammoud, and D. Raftery, "Esophageal Cancer Metabolite Biomarkers Detected by LC-MS and NMR Methods," PLoS ONE, e301181 (2012).
- H. Gu, Z. Pan, B. Xi, V. Asiago, B. Musselman, and D. Raftery, “Principal Component Directed Partial Least Squares Analysis for Combining NMR and MS Data in Metabolomics: Application to the Detection of Breast Cancer,” Anal. Chim. Acta 57-63 (2011).
- V. Asiago, L. Alvarado, N. Shanaiah, K. Owusu-Sarfo, G. A. Nagana Gowda, R. Ballas, and D. Raftery, “Early Detection of Recurrent Breast Cancer Using Metabolite Profiling,” Cancer Res. 8309-8318 (2010).
- D. Djukovic, H. R.Baniasadi, R. Kc, Z. Hammoud, and D. Raftery, “Targeted Serum Metabolite Profiling of Nucleosides in Esophageal Adenocarcinoma,” Rapid Comm. Mass Spectrom. 3057-62 (2010).
- G. A. Nagana Gowda, F. Tayyari, T. Ye, Y. Suryani, S. Wei, N. Shanaiah and D, Raftery, “Quantitative Analysis of Blood Plasma Metabolites Using Isotope Enhanced NMR Methods,” Anal. Chem. 8983-90 (2010).
- S. Zhang, G. A. N. Gowda, V. Asiago, N. Shanaiah, C. Barbas, and D. Raftery, “Correlative and quantitative 1H NMR-based metabolomics reveals specific metabolic pathway disturbances in diabetic rats,” Anal. Biochem. 383, 76-84 (2008).
- G. A. N. Gowda, S. Zhang, H. Gu, V. Asiago, N. Shanaiah and D. Raftery, "Metabolomics-Based Methods for Early Disease Diagnostics: A Review,"Expert Rev. Mol. Diagnos., 8(5):617-33 (2008).
Mitochondria and Metabolism Center
850 Republican St, Room S148
University of Washington, Box 358057
Seattle, WA 98109-8057